Certified Nursing Assistant - Med/Surg CNA - Nights
- $18 to $28 Hourly
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Paid Time Off , Retirement
Certified Nursing Assistant
Med/Surg - Nights
*Sign-on bonus of $5,000.*
Announcement # 2963553
Jefferson Healthcare (www.jeffersonhealthcare.org) is looking for an amazing, certified (NA-C), medical/surgical Certified Nursing Assistant for full time night shift in the ACU/Acute Care Unit. We have a tight-knit team that is committed to providing the very best patient care. We love where we work and we are excited to introduce it to you! If you are looking to work with an exceptional team of professionals, we encourage you to consider Jefferson Healthcare. Work where your talent is truly appreciated.
Who are you?
You are a team player who prides themselves on providing excellent patient care. You are an self-starter who is flexible. You enjoy learning and is good at multitasking.
What can we offer you?
- Sign-on bonus of $5,000.
- Competitive salary
- Medical, dental, vision, retirement, PTO and more
- Outstanding benefits, including 5% employer contribution to your retirement account and low insurance premiums for individuals and families. Benefits package is ranked in the top 1% in the state!
- Hands-on training with opportunities for advancement
Assists patients with activities of daily living, provides basic nursing care to the patient and assists in maintenance of a safe and clean environment under the direction and supervision of the Registered Nurse and OT/PT Therapist. Works with nursing staff team to deliver patient care. May be responsible for accurate record keeping observation of monitors and prompt reporting of cardiac rhythm changes.
- Provides basic nursing care to patients within Nursing Assistant (NA) scope of practice and Plan of Care (POC). Includes actions that meet psychosocial needs and physical needs.
- Assists in the admission, transfer and discharge of patient
- Performs basic patient care responsibilities considering needs specific to standard of care for patient's age. Assists with feeding patients and maintaining fluid balance with technique appropriate for patient's age and physical condition.
- Demonstrates competency in proper operation of the monitors, ensures monitor is properly functioning
- Provides information/explanations to patients and families within scope of practice
- Assists physicians with procedures and performs services requiring technical and manual skills under the direction of an RN
- Within scope of practice, answers patient and family member questions and provides explanations of care being administered
- Attends and participates as appropriate in shift to shift report and IDT care conference
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required
- Current Washington State Nurse Assistant-Certified (NA-C) certification required
- Current BLS/CPR (Healthcare Provider) required, active prior to start
- One year nursing assistant experience in personal care services (hospital, skilled nursing facility, home health or equivalent) preferred
0.9 FTE; 36 hours/week; night shift
To apply for this position and future positions, please visit our careers website at https://jeffersonhealthcare.org/healthcare-careers/
Who We Are
Jefferson Healthcare is one of the Top Employers on the beautiful Olympic Peninsula and in close proximity to Seattle, Victoria, BC and Vancouver. We are a DNV accredited, 5 Star rated 25-bed Critical Access Hospital with six rural health clinics and a wide scope of specialty services; we provide exceptional care for more than 25,000 residents of East Jefferson County. We have numerous accreditations and awards and are recognized as Achieving Best Care by the Washington State Hospital Association. If you are looking to work with an exceptional team of professionals, we encourage you to consider Jefferson Healthcare. Work where your talent is truly appreciated.
Port Townsend has been named as one of the coolest small towns in America ... with good reason. There are festivals almost every weekend, endless recreational/hiking/skiing/sailing activities, great places to eat, and a strong and vibrant community feel. National Geographic calls Port Townsend "one of the most sophisticated places west of Seattle" and we continue to receive awards year after year, such as 50 Safest Cities in Washington (Safewise.com), and 16 Best Places to Live in the US in 2015 (nearby Port Angeles by Outdoors Magazine). Come check us out!
Candidates who accept a written offer of employment must pass a background check and may be required to undergo 10-panel testing for commonly abused controlled substances, including marijuana, in accordance with our policy.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Jefferson HealthcarePort Townsend, WA
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.