Sales Development Representative - Commercial Furniture
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
We are seeking a Sales Development Representative - Commercial Furniture to become an integral part of our team! You will gauge sales opportunities and provide extensive customer service to all clients.
We need professionals who know how to connect, leverage existing relationships, and build new ones with Commercial Real Estate Brokers, General Contractors, Architects & Designers, Landlords, Project Managers, Facilities Managers, and C-Suites of new end users. We seek those who have relationships in the Commercial Real Estate and/or Architectural and Design industries.
NOTE; INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS REQUIRED, to include selling to Facility Managers, Landlords, and C-Suite. Ideal experience includes selling contract furniture and/or commercial interiors.
Objectives of this Role:
- Build and maintain lasting relationships with Commercial prospects and customers.
- Coordinate internal and external resources to educate clients and promote Jefferson’s solutions.
- Develop new sales opportunities and work with Jefferson design and project management teams to create workplace concepts and quotations to meet the prospect's vision.
- Working with and developing new and existing clients for Jefferson. Includes presentations, site visits, showroom tours, client meetings, phone calls, and Zoom meetings.
- Manage client communication throughout the sales and project installation process.
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities:
- Educate and sell company products and services to new and existing customers and clients
- Reach agreed-upon sales targets
- Support and solve workspace problems for clients by understanding their needs.
- Working with clients to prepare proposals and oversee projects mainly in the NYC area and occasionally in other parts of the NY, NJ & CT regions.
- Illustrate the value of Jefferson products and services to create growth opportunities.
- Participate in brainstorming office activities, team meetings, client meetings, and researching product trends with new prospects.
- Perform prospecting activities - cold calling, networking, attending industry events, client entertaining, etc.
- Follow up with clients regularly to ensure satisfaction as well as brand recognition.
- Utilize a Salesforce database to log activity and opportunities.
Skills and Qualifications:
- College degree and 3 years selling experience, or 6 years sales experience without a degree, within commercial interiors, contract furniture systems, commercial real estate, and/or architectural workplace solutions with responsibilities for meeting sales and profitability quotas.
- Experience building a network of business relationships to create sales opportunities.
- Ability to operate with urgency, independence, and efficiency.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office with an aptitude to learn industry-standard systems.
- Willingness to travel to meet with clients and prospects.
- Knowledge of the competitive landscape and key influencers in the Commercial market
- Advanced selling skills, e.g., prospect qualification; lead generation; new business development; account penetration; strategic, conceptual, issues-based, and consultative selling; negotiation; and contracts (closing).
- Excellent problem-solving, meeting facilitation, verbal, written, listening, and presentation skills.
- Base salary befitting to experience + unlimited commission
- 401k retirement program
- Healthcare coverage.
Job Type: Full-time
Jefferson GroupWhy Work Here?
45+-year-old family-owned company with long-standing relationships with many furniture manufacturers
85 Research DriveStamford, CT
BusinessView all jobs at Jefferson Group