Head Start Lead Teacher - School Readiness Coach
Jefferson Franklin Community Action Corporation Festus, MO
- Posted: 26 days ago
We are seeking to fill a bachelor level teaching position in our Early Head Start classroom. The Early Head Start Teacher has major responsibility for classroom operation including planning, carrying out activities, maintaining the classroom environment, supervising children, and completing parent / teacher conferences and home visits. PLEASE UPLOAD TRANSCRIPTS FOR QUICKER APPLICATION PROCESSING
1. The Teacher will create and implement curriculum in a center based classroom setting, ensuring planned experiences meet all domains in the Head Start Early Learning Framework.
2. The Teacher will guide and facilitate daily activities, routines, transitions, as well as selecting, and arranging equipment to meet the needs of all learners in the classroom.
3. The Teacher will coordinate with other staff to ensure smooth functioning of the center to meet the needs of the children.
4. Assist in monitoring all major transitions, ensuring no child is left unsupervised in the center.
5. Maintain children's center files, assessments, screenings, developmental screenings, and IEP and/or IFSP to ensure compliance with Performance Standards.
6. Complete home visits and conferences to discuss child's individual development and progress, assisting parents with developing appropriate goals for their child.
7. Monitor classroom, building, and outdoor play areas to ensure a safe environment. Coordinate with facilities to address health and/or safety issues.
8. Meet with coordinators to exchange information pertinent to the identification and services of children with disabilities, health, behavioral interventions, and mental health needs.
9. Work with teacher assistants and volunteers to use and develop their skills and abilities in planning and carrying out classroom activities.
10. Ensure developmental screenings, education, and assessment data are in compliance with performance Standards.
11. Attend monthly staff meetings and trainings as required by the agency.
12. Assure federal regulations, state licensing regulations, and child and Adult Care food Program Regulations are consistently met through record keeping and ongoing monitoring.
13. Completing a yearly Professional development Plan, outlining specific goals and strategies to meet goals. Work with Site Supervisors to review and update progress in meeting goals.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
1. Bachelor's Degree in Early Childhood Education or related field with a minimum of 36 Early Childhood Education credit hours.
2. Experience with low-income families, child care, health, or education preferred.
3. Ability to problem solve, handle crisis, and work with families and children of various and low-income backgrounds.
4. Ability to establish positive working relationships with families, agency staff, and community members.
5. Physically able to participate in classroom activities with children and lift an estimated 50 pounds.
6. Must have active driver's license and will be required to travel in or out of community with own transportation.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Jefferson Franklin Community Action Corporation
EducationView all jobs at Jefferson Franklin Community Action Corporation