Customer Service Representative (Entry Level Position for Downtown Area Only, Parking Permit will be
Jefferson County Clerk's OfficeLouisville, KY
Posted: over a month ago
Customer Service Representative (Entry Level Position for Downtown Area Only, Parking Permit will be Provided)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Assist customers in processing various transactions
2. Reviews and verifies documents for accuracy and completeness
3. Operates a computer to retrieve and record data
4. Handles customer inquiries (in person and over the phone)
5. Prepares forms
6. Collects payments made by cash, check, credit card and ACH accounts
7. Balances cash drawer and follows cash handling procedures
8. Assist with inventory and ordering of supplies
9. Required to work the late afternoon shift
10. Answers the phone and directs calls accordingly
11. Receives and processes mail
12. Corresponds with other agencies and organizations
13. Performs other duties as assigned by the manager
1. Kentucky resident
2. Able to be bonded
3. Effective written and verbal communications skills
4. Able to operate office equipment including computer (PC & KAVIS), printer,
machine, copier, scanner and multi-line phone
5. Able to learn the laws, regulations, policies and procedures necessary to
process motor vehicle transactions
6. Ability to record and transfer data accurately in a timely manner
7. Ability to process monetary transactions accurately
8. High school education or equivalent
9. Six months experience in customer service, data entry, and/or processing
10. An equivalent combination of education and experience can be substituted.
11. Must be able to type 25 wpm.
The work is customer service in nature with clerical and data entry responsibilities. It requires the ability to communicate effectively using speech, vision and hearing. The work requires the use of hands for simple grasping and fine manipulations. The work at times requires bending, squatting and reaching, with the ability to lift, carry, push or pull weights up to 25 pounds.
The Customer Service Representative is stationed in one of several branches or departments. The incumbent provides quality customer service, helping the public process various types of transactions. The Customer Service Representative will also process marriage license and handicap placard applications. The incumbent processes clerical work of routine difficulty.