Jefferson Consulting Group, a well-respected, woman-owned small business, seeks a Research/Administrative Assistant for Jefferson Business Consulting, (JBC), a subsidiary company that provides federal business development and government relations services to commercial clients and Associations. The Research/Administrative Assistant will support the JBC team comprised of the CEO and Account Managers across multiple projects and domains. The work will be based at the firm’s downtown DC office, with limited travel in the DC metro area.
Abilities and Responsibilities:
- Learn and fully understand the capabilities of Jefferson’s clients in order to apply critical thinking to research, analysis, writing, and monitoring tasks.
- Synthesize key takeaways and pertinent information succinctly and accurately.
- Be resourceful when conducting research and analysis to go beyond the surface and anticipate the clients’ information needs.
- Attend or remotely monitor federal advisory committee meetings, congressional hearings, trade association meetings, and Agency industry days to capture client’s interests and prepare relevant summaries.
- Monitor and track legislation and regulations. This includes identifying legislation/ regulations that are relevant to clients, gaining an overall understanding of the legislative/ regulatory change, and creating alerts for clients.
- Conduct research on federal programs, policies, and budget.
- Monitor news articles and media coverage on federal acquisition, federal health care, and IT programs of interest to current and prospective clients.
- On a daily basis, search and track business opportunities using various tools to inform clients and new business targets.
- Maintain trackers and other tools in support of JBC.
- Edit and proofread documents.
- Serve as a communications hub for JBC and coordinate schedules for internal meetings.
- Coordinate logistics and schedules for meetings with clients.
- Support the administrative needs of the CEO, to include coordinating and managing appointments, arranging travel, and creating itineraries as needed.
Qualifications and Desired Qualities:
- At least 1 year of experience, including internships.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and ability to swiftly master federal government contracting and legislative/regulatory research tools with training.
- Excellent writing skills, effective verbal communications skills, and demonstrated research skills.
- Strong attention to details, high standards of excellence, ability to multi-task, and commitment to perform and execute all duties successfully.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, while also working as a contributing member of the JBC team.
- Responsive, self-starter who takes initiative and possesses strong organization skills to work efficiently in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Discretion and confidentiality, good judgment, and flexibility.
- Working knowledge of the federal government and Congress. Additionally, interest in gaining expertise in the legislative process, federal contracting, and federal business development.
Jefferson Consulting Group is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, national origin, genetic data, veteran status or any category protected by law.
Please provide a cover letter, writing sample, and resume when applying.