Program Assistant HHS -ACF-Office of Planning, Research, & Evaluation
Jefferson Consulting Group, LLC Washington, DC
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Jefferson Solutions, a well-respected, award-winning government consulting company of Jefferson Consulting Group, a woman-owned small business, is looking for a Program Assistant to support research, evaluation, and logistical activities of the Office of Planning, Research, and Evaluation (OPRE) in the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (USDHHS), Administration for Children and Families (ACF).
OPRE conducts rigorous research and evaluation for improving child and family well-being. The Office studies ACF’s social services programs and the low-income and at-risk children and families they serve. Areas of focus include Head Start, welfare, employment and self-sufficiency, child abuse and neglect, child care, responsible fatherhood and healthy marriage, maternal and infant home visiting, and youth services. OPRE includes approximately eighty-five federal and contracted staff, primarily research and evaluation specialists. The Office oversees a portfolio of approximately $200 million in grants and contracts.
- Information on ACF is available at acf.hhs.gov.
- Information on OPRE is available at http://www.acf.hhs.gov/programs/opre/index.html.
The position will support federal staff and carry out responsibilities related to supporting research, evaluation, technical assistance activities, logistical tracking, and support services related to human service programs. Responsibilities will include:
- Provide both administrative and substantive support to federal staff overseeing research contracts, grants, and technical assistance activities.
- Assist senior staff in developing strategies and systems for managing project workflows.
- Assist senior staff in organizing/responding to ad hoc requests for information with quick turnaround times and deadlines.
- Work with federal staff and existing grantees and contractors to identify emerging issues and questions in need of new research, synthesis, or interpretation for policy decision-making.
- Coordinate efforts among grantees, contractors, other researchers in the field, and federal staff to promote sharing of findings, methodologies, and reusable tools.
- Conduct literature, website, and document reviews as needed.
- Conduct ad hoc quantitative analyses of data with support from federal staff.
- Develop written products as requested including one-page summaries, briefs, and other types of documents.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- A bachelor’s degree in a related field is required, plus 1-3 years of experience.
- Experience with and interest in research, program evaluation, and knowledge of policies and programs affecting children and families served by ACF programs is preferred.
- Strong organizational, oral, and written communication skills, including the ability to write clearly and succinctly.
- Ability to be detail-oriented, self-motivated, and prioritize and balance a diverse workload.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent time management skills, including handling multiple projects simultaneously and on tight timeframes.
- An interest in human services research and evaluation.
- Familiarity with qualitative and/or quantitative research methods.
- While not required, intermediate to advanced experience in any of the following programs is a plus:
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Project
- Statistical software packages (e.g., SPSS, SAS, Stata, etc.)
This position will be located in Washington, DC. Work will be performed virtually during Covid-19.
Jefferson Solutions is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, national origin, genetic data, veteran status or any category protected by law.
Jefferson Consulting Group, LLCWhy Work Here?
Fantastic woman owned business - Focused on federal acquisition and contract management - Stability with growth opportunities!