Position Summary: Provides resident care, medication administration and medication system maintenance as directed by the Charge Nurse, and in accordance with the standards, policies and practices of the department.
- Works under the supervision of the Charge Nurse.
- Assists medical team in fulfilling Care Plan directives and physician orders to ensure quality care and treatments to residents.
- Prepares and administers medication in accordance with physician orders and company policies and procedures.
- Documents resident medication administration and reports any medications not given.
- Monitors residents for adverse reactions to medications or other changes in condition and reports any concerns to the Charge Nurse or DON.
- Communicates pharmacy needs or concerns to the Charge Nurse.
- Ensures cleanliness and organization of the medication carts.
NOTE: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions..Requirements:
- Active status on Missouri State Certified Medication Technician (CMT) Registry and Missouri CNA registry.
- Understands ethical and legal responsibilities in administering medications.
- Minimum of 1 year working in a healthcare facility offering skilled care, rehabilitation services, assisted living and/or residential care.
- Dedicated interest in assisting a senior population.
Preferred Education or Experience
- Insulin administration certified.
Jefferson City Manor Inc