Legal Assistant - PreJudgment II
Jefferson Capital Systems Denver, CO
- Posted: over a month ago
- $19 to $23 Hourly
- Benefits: vision, 401k, dental, life insurance, medical
The Pre-Judgment Legal Assistant II's primary purpose is to produce and file summons and complaints, default judgments and affidavits with courts across multiple states. The main responsibilities include data entry across different software/filing platforms, creating excel reports, case investigations, assisting attorneys, communicating with court clerks, and researching debt collection regulations for each state.
The Pre-Judgment Legal Assistant II is responsible for:
- Electronically file documents with courts.
- Preparing files for legal production including scrubs, reporting and attorney correspondence.
- Tracking and updating Q-Law files.
- Creating, sorting, updating and editing excel spreadsheets to input court information into Q-Law.
- Producing summons and complaints and ensuring specific state law requirements are followed for each state.
- Case investigation with courts, such as, dismissals, venue changes, case number inquires, etc.
- Legal research. Researching appropriate steps for pre-judgment filings for new and existing states.
- Creating, printing, notarizing, sorting, stapling and mailing documents.
- Assisting Attorneys and working with clerks of court.
- Various other filing projects and document preparation.
- Helping Post Judgment team as needed.
- Performing other related duties as assigned.
For an employee to be successful in this position they must be able to:
- Consistently meet production standards set by manager.
- Meet task schedule deadlines and have minimal past due tasks.
- Work and understand all pre-judgment task codes and processes.
- Properly task files for the next step.
- Answer questions professionally and accurately.
- Process tasks on time and with a high degree of accuracy.
- Demonstrate strong follow-through skills.
Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Some college or equivalent experience.
- 1-3 years of experience in a similar administrative role.
- Intermediate experience with Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- 2+ years Civil Legal experience. Experience with summons and complaints preferred.
- Previous experience with Q-Law a plus.
- Detail oriented and able to stay calm and maintain quality while completing large volumes of work with clearly defined deadlines.
- Able to type a minimum of 45 wpm and 10 key by touch.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to streamline projects to improve inefficient processes.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to interact with all levels of employees, court clerks and debtors.
- Demonstrated and consistent follow-through skills.
- Possess high ethical standards and the ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality. Must have a strong work ethic and quickly understand new concepts.
- Must be a team player and results driven.
You will be eligible for employee benefits presently offered to Full Time employees including a top-rated consumer driven medical plan, dental, vision, life, and disability insurances all beginning the first day of the month following 30 days of Full Time employment.
You will accrue up to 3 weeks of paid time off per year based on full time work, awarded incrementally with each payroll.
Eligibility for participation in the employees' 401K will begin the first month following one year's service.
If you are interested in joining a great team and working for a great company, please submit a cover letter and resume.
Jefferson Capital SystemsWhy Work Here?
Flex Scheduling. Casual Work Environment. 3 weeks accrued PTO. Great Team!
Jefferson Capital is an industry-leading provider of traditional and unique recovery services for consumer charged-off accounts. Our clients include creditors and national debt buyers. We offer services such as a Payment Rewards Collections Program, purchasing and servicing of secured and unsecured bankruptcies, as well as traditional purchasing of distressed portfolios.
LegalView all jobs at Jefferson Capital Systems