Attend to visitors and handle inquiries on the phone and face to face. Supply information regarding Jeff Martin Auctioneers, Inc. to the general public, clients and customers. Work with computer software and hardware and a variety of internet applications, networks and operating systems. Travel as required to other locations.
job tasks and Responsibilities:
- Prepare auction invoices for customers in a high volume busy environment.
- Assist buyers with online bidding registration and deposits.
- Maintaining and controlling online bidder registrations
- Ensure customers receive accurate invoices within 24 hrs. of auction close
- Answer all customer and auction sale site inquiries.
- Process payments of all types including electronic funds transfers and wire payments from buyers
- Reconcile invoices and send out as scheduled
- Produce follow-up reports such as post-sale checklists and delayed sale payment lists to sale sites and online providers
- Liaison with accounts receivable department to continually monitor post-sale changes and corrections such as price adjustments, deductions, holdbacks, and bill for deficiencies.
Qualifications, experience and Education Requirements:
- Bachelor's or Associates degree in Business, Accounting or relevant field
- 1-3 years of experience working in an office environment.
- Experience working with computers and general understanding of function and set up
- Proficient with Excel, Word, Outlook or similar email system
- Accounts Payable and/or Accounts Receivable experience is a plus.
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Self-motivated and able to work unsupervised.
- Demonstrated experience working well as a member of a team.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects effectively, to properly prioritize a high volume of work, and an ability to meet strict deadlines.
- Keen eye for detail – you’ll provide precise facts and figures and produce accurate work.
- Fluency in another language is an asset, but not required.
- Excellent communication skills – you’ll be communicating with customers and sale site staff regularly, in person and over the phone.
- Proven Commitment to providing excellent customer service.
- Organized, detailed-oriented and able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- A solid work ethic
- Ability to travel frequently out of state and rarely out of the United States
This job will require:
· Flexibility and willingness to work varied hours and occasional overtime hours.
· Office setting
· Periodically work in kitchen area to set up food and tables
· May be asked to work in Gate Office as needed
· Periodically required to walk through Auction Site as needed
Physical Demands (standing, sitting, walking, lifting, reaching, climbing, crawling, etc.)
· Frequently Standing, Walking, Reaching, Bending and Stooping
· Continuously Sitting
· Periodically Lifting
· Periodically Climbing Stairs
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
· Full-Time – Non-Exempt
· Clerical Position
· Work Schedule: M-F 8-5 (travel, overtime and weekends as required)
· Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.