Jasmin Child Care & Preschool is currently looking to fill our full and part-time positions working in our toddler classroom. We are looking for individuals who are reliable, responsible, outgoing and have a passion for caring for children. We are also looking for someone who has experience and/or interest in working with children of diverse cultures and preferably multilingual.
Responsible for supervision, management, and planning for 2-5 age preschool classrooms.
- Plan, prepare and implement a curriculum that is appropriate for the age level, skill and social development of the group of children served.
- Design activities to promote healthy emotional, social, cognitive, physical and growth of each child.
- Supervise and interact with the children in your area of the program, being sure to respond appropriately to children’s behaviors, needs, and problems.
- Attend all staff meetings and recommended training programs and conferences.
- Perform any related assigned duties.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- A Child Development Associate (CDA) credential OR an Associate's Degree OR higher in a directly related field;
- Have a warm, friendly personality, be sensitive to the feelings and needs of others, can relate well to children, and be willing to fulfill job responsibilities in accordance with the program philosophy.
- Child CPR (cardiopulmonary resuscitation) and First Aid certifications are preferred or will to be trained within 30 days of employment by Jasmin
- Must be of good mental and physical health, capable of mature judgment, and possess knowledge and experience in management, and interpersonal relationships.
- Must be willing to certify attendance of 6-13 hours of approved training related to childcare annually provided by Jasmin
Preferred Skills & Abilities
- Speak one or more languages in addition to English
- Have experience working with diverse communities