- Posted: over a month ago
Prepares histologic slides from human or animal tissue sections for microscopic examination and diagnosis by pathologist. Provides ancillary morphology services for hospital, forensic, or anatomical research cases, as appropriate to the objectives of the position.ResponsibilitiesDuties and Responsibilites •
- Prepares sections of human and/or animal tissue for immediate examination, using rapid tissue processing and frozen section technique to cut, mount, and stain tissue specimens.
- Prepares slides or specimens, using special cutting and specified stain, to enhance visibility under microscope.
- Operates computerized laboratory equipment to fix, dehydrate, and infiltrate with wax, tissue specimens to be preserved for study by pathologist; maintains and troubleshoots delicate electronic histological equipment.
- Performs computerized data entry of all work performed and generates reports as required.
- May supervise and train technicians, residents, or fellows in relevant and proper histology procedures, including tissue cut down, embedding, cutting, and staining.
- Follows established departmental policies, procedures, and objectives, continuous quality improvement objectives, and safety, environmental, and/or infection control standards.
- Assists in the ordering of laboratory supplies to maintain proper inventory.
- Knowledgeable of all lab procedures and specimen submission requirements.
- Understand and use proper safety practices.
- Retrieves and stores specimens properly for long term storage.
- Assists in maintaining accreditation standards, to include all check sheets and quality control information sheets.
- Maintains archived Histological slides and blocks.
- Familiarity with HIPAA and security compliance requirements.
- Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion.
- Highly motivated individual looking to pursue a long-term career in histology.
- Excellent interpersonal skills where customer service and responsibility to patient care is the priority.
- High school diploma or GED; at least 2 years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Completed degree(s) from an accredited institution that are above the minimum education requirement may be substituted for experience on a year for year basis.
- Histotechnician or Histotechnologist Certification (HTL, ASCP), or eligible for certification.
HealthcareView all jobs at Jarvis Diagnostics