Variable Data Programmer - Commercial Print
- Posted: 15 days ago
- $24 to $32 Hourly
- Benefits: life insurance, medical, 401k,
Variable Data Programming Specialist
Stay-On Bonuses Available…Up to $6,000
Founded in 1907 Japs-Olson is an industry leader in direct mail services and commercial printing. Our purpose is to move ideas from our customers' minds to the world. To accomplish this, we need enthusiastic and hardworking individuals to support our team. Japs-Olson offers great benefits as well as opportunities for advancement and overtime.
Japs-Olson Company is seeking an innovative team player to fill a position within our Data Processing department on our 2nd shift (2pm-10pm). Primary responsibilities include performing data operations such as conversion, address hygiene, and postal presort, as well as variable document composition and file creation for commercial print projects.
Ideal candidates have strong verbal and written communication skills, with at least 2 years of experience in the mail industry. Knowledge of computer programs used for data processing and direct mail setup including TSS, GMC, Adobe, Microsoft, and postal software is expected. We pursue quick learners with the ability to output accurate deliverables in a fast-paced production environment.
At Japs-Olson, we value Continuous Improvement (CI) and believe that each employee is a key attribute in making the company better. We strongly value candidates who possess an understanding of CI concepts and hold themselves accountable for identifying improvement ideas.
Pay Range: $24-$32/hour + an additional $0.75/hour shift differential
- Produce assigned data and layout work in conformance with customer requirements
- Troubleshoot data programming related issues in various production departments.
- Interface directly with Sales and Account Managers
- Participate in fixing problems through the Corrective Action System (CAR System)
- Help improve processes and products
- Follow management system procedures, 5S and Standard Work instructions
- Follow document control procedures (if applicable)
- Knowledge of the Management Policy Statement (ISO) and organizational objectives
- Knowledge of computer programs used for data processing and direct mail letter setup such as TSS, GMC, Quadient Inspire, BCC Ignite, Adobe, Microsoft products, postal software and others
- Problem solving skills
- Possess an understanding of continuous improvement concepts
- 2 or 4 year Computer Science or Programming degree or completion of industry-specific training course (or appropriate industry work experience)
- Experience in direct mail data processing to include data hygiene and variable document composition
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of company staff
- Stay-On Bonus Available, up to $6,000*
- Affordable medical insurance
- 401K retirement savings with company match
- Health Savings Account program with company match
- Life Insurance
- Paid holidays
- Paid time off
*Stay-On Bonus amount is based on experience. Paid out in three installments at 3 months, 6 months, and 12 months of employment at Japs-Olson.
*All applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, or status with regard to public assistance.
7500 Excelsior Blvd. St. Louis ParkMinneapolis, MN
TechnologyView all jobs at Japs-Olson Company
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?