Job Title: Office Assistant
Program: JCYC College Access Programs
Compensation: $16.50/hr, 15-25 hours per week
Location: 1596 Post Street, San Francisco, CA 94109
JCYC College Access Programs connect historically underserved youth with comprehensive and culturally competent college access services. By partnering with local public schools throughout San Francisco and Daly City, JCYC Education Programs are able to serve income qualified students, many of whom will be first in their families to attend college. The JCYC College Access Programs consists of five federal TRiO grants and one Cal-SOAP grant. For more information, visit: www.jcyccollegeaccess.org.
JCYC’s mission is to cultivate and enrich the lives of children and youth from diverse, multicultural communities throughout San Francisco and beyond. For more information about JCYC, visit www.jcyc.org.
The Office Assistant will report directly to the Associate Director and will work closely with the Database Coordinator and direct service staff. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
· Organize, maintain, and update program participant files.
· Assist in reviewing program participant files for accuracy.
· Assist Program Assistant with clerical duties as needed.
· Assist Educational Advisors in gathering student file materials
· Education: Minimum AA degree OR currently enrolled in and seeking BA/BS degree
· Minimum 1-2 years administrative or clerical experience required
· Prefer individuals similar to target population (low-income and first in their families to attend college)
· Candidate must display strong communication, organizational, and follow-through skills
· Must be detail-oriented, flexible, and can work effectively in a team setting
How to Apply
Applicants MUST submit ALL of the following: 1) Cover Letter and 2) Resume.
Contact Email: ApplyCollegeAccess AT jcyc.org Attn: Office Assistant Position. Please no phone calls.
PLEASE NOTE: Educational Talent Search and SFCAC, programs of JCYC, actively seek to hire and promote individuals, recruit volunteers and provide services to individuals without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, religious creed, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, or presence of non-job related conditions or disabilities. All employees of the JCYC participate in a criminal background investigation. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
JCYC’s mission is to cultivate and enrich the lives of children and youth from diverse, multi-cultural communities throughout San Francisco and beyond. Through a continuum of services, JCYC programs can support children and youth from the time they start pre-school until they are ready to move onto college. In addition to providing direct services, JCYC has also organized and continues to lead some of the largest and most successful youth collaborations in San Francisco.