Technical Proposal Writer
Janssen & Spaans Engineering, Inc. Indianapolis, IN
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: medical, vision, 401k, dental, life insurance
JSE is seeking an experienced Technical Proposal Writer with a Liberal Arts degree in English, Creative Writing or similar, focusing on copy and content writing to include graphics design using Adobe InDesign but not limited to:
Prepare proposals for engineering and construction management/construction inspection/surveying; highway/bridge design and inspection; water resources,
- Coordinate, prepare, organize and complete letters of intent/interest (LOI), team resumes, statements of qualifications (SOQ) and related standard government forms, technical proposals, company brochures, marketing material.
- Serve as an active contributor during the proposal process - from concept to delivery, within the required deadline.
- Format, reviewing and proofreading of materials for content and grammar.
- Manage the proposal process and enforce internal deadlines to assure that a quality product is submitted on time
- Provide support on additional projects (company brochures, marketing materials, news releases, website maintenance, trade shows, career fairs, etc.) as needed.
- Experience with related engineering or construction field preferred.
- Assist administrative as needed.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- BS or BA in English or similar Liberal Arts degree or related discipline required.
- (1-5) years’ experience in the engineering proposal development field preferred but not required.
- Experience coordinating, preparing and organizing resumes, SOQ, LOI, and technical proposals.
- Ability to participate in/contribute to the internal team meetings to prepare for proposal/presentation development.
- Experience with formatting, review and proofreading of materials for content and grammar.
- Experience collaborating with technical staff and juggle multiple concurrent deadlines.
- Ability to take tasks from concept to delivery in a deadline-oriented environment.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), and Adobe products (Adobe InDesign required).
- Graphic design skills beyond InDesign a plus.
JSE offers an excellent benefits package including health, dental, vision and life insurance. Our package also offers flexible spending accounts, health savings account, and 401(k) with an Employee Stock Ownership Program.
See our website: www.jsengr.com for more details on JSE.
Janssen & Spaans Engineering, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
Janssen & Spaans Engineering, Inc.Why Work Here?
JSE provides an experienced and knowledgeable staff, open communications, team environment, growth potential and GREAT FRIDAY HOURS!
Lead by an excellent leadership team and a very experienced staff, JSE continues to grow in the Transportation and Structural Engineering industry. Working in an energized environment we continue to look for valued employees who want to make a difference in their respected field and challenge themselves with value engineering and cost effective ideas.
9120 Harrison Park CtIndianapolis, IN