Retail Store Manager
- Posted: over a month ago
- $75,000 to $80,000 Yearly
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
Janome America is a distributor of household and computerized sewing machines; a subsidiary of Janome Sewing Machine Company, Tokyo, Japan, who are one of the world’s largest manufacturers of home sewing machines and leaders and innovators in the home sewing industry. Janome currently has a full-time Retail Store Manager position available in Brooklyn, NY. If you are creative and have a passion for sales and marketing, then this job is for you!
The Retail Store Manager manages the Bobinage retail store in Brooklyn, NY and develops sales and marketing operations for assigned store. Performs duties ensuring that the sales, profit, and customer service goals of Janome and Elna sewing machines are met and/or exceeded.
Essential Job Functions:
- Manage the set up of advertising displays or arrangements of merchandise on counters or tables to promote sales in an attractive and functional manner to obtain maximum exhibition and demonstration advantages
- Directly supervises part-time sales employees
- Evaluate the territory's changing or prevailing market patterns and provides feedback to corporate management Conduct store meetings with employees to upgrade knowledge and sales techniques
- Obtain merchandise requested by customer or receives merchandise selected by customer
- Provide for good customer and employee relations by answering questions concerning location, price, and use of merchandise
- Provide strong customer demonstrations utilizing strong sales closing techniques and operating with sales representative responsibilities
- Records, manages, and deposits cash in register on a daily basis
- Manage the record of sales, prepares and conducts frequent inventory of stock and orders merchandise as appropriate
- Report in a timely and efficient manner to corporate required reports, payroll, commissions, cash statements, and all other records and books related to store functions
- Teach various classes with intent to sell
- Responsible for facilitating Owner's Classes, clubs, demos, Creative Classes and coordinating freelance educators for Creative Classes as appropriate
- Responsible for ongoing recruiting, selection, training, motivating, coaching, evaluating, termination, and compensating all store employees with the purpose of upgrading individual performances and store productivity and profitability
- Manage the store expenses according to the store proforma requirements and expectations
- Bachelor’s Degree in business a plus ·
- One or more years retail experience with a demonstrated success in closing sales
- Must be able to lift sewing machines or sergers that weigh up to 50 pounds
- Basic computer skills required, advanced computer skills a plus
- Previous sewing experience, a strong plus
Hours of Operation: Wednesday-Sunday 11:00 am - 7:00 pm.
This is a full-time position and offers 401(k), vacation, sick days and paid holidays.
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the US.
Janome America, Inc.Why Work Here?
Join a company where workers are inspired to achieve their best and be a part of a thriving and creative team!
Janome America, Inc. (JAI) is a distributor of household and computerized sewing machines; a subsidiary of Janome Sewing Machine Company, Tokyo, Japan, who are one of the worlds largest manufacturers of home sewing machines and leaders and innovators in the home sewing industry. JAI is built on years of tradition and innovation. We offer our employees the opportunity for professional development and to work in a flexible, caring and cooperative environment. We have an excellent benefits and compensation package including competitive salary, health insurance (medical, dental, vision) paid holidays, vacation, sick, personal days, 401(k) plan and profit sharing - EOE
394 3rd AveNew York, NY