Sales Representative B2B
- Posted: over a month ago
- $35,000 to $50,000 Yearly (plus commission)
- Benefits: dental, medical,
Summary: The Sales Representative will be responsible for researching, developing, and closing new sales opportunities in existing and new markets/territories. Develops and implements agreed-upon sales plan which will meet both personal and business goals of expanding customer base. Works with the Sales team to increase sales through cold calling, leveraging relationships with current clients and vendors, working operational leads, responding to RFPs, and other sales tactics for the achievement of new customer revenue-generation and to achieve long-term account goals in line with company vision and values. Maintains new business pipeline to track sales opportunities, potential revenue, win/loss percentage, and other sales reporting functions.
Critical Success Factors
- Ability to effectively multi-task and thrive in a fast-paced environment where follow-up and follow-through are essential.
- Ability to administer and manage time effectively by working independently to find new sales leads.
- Ability to articulate well both verbally and in writing, Spanish and English.
- Demonstrate excellent attention to detail and quality in the composition of business correspondence, bids, proposals, etc.
- Able to coordinate, create, and maintain leads.
- Ability to effectively develop and research potential sales leads.
- Ability to close new sales opportunities.
- Ability to try new sales strategies and new marketing techniques in existing and unproven markets.
- Ability to articulate well, both verbally and in writing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following; however other duties may be assigned.
New Business Opportunities
- Develop and nurture a sales pipeline of opportunities that meets company goals through the following means:
- Face-to-face meetings and cold calling
- Internal leads
- Leveraging existing relationships with vendors and current clients
- Web research
- Establish and maintain potential client relationships.
- Responsible for ensuring opportunities that meet company criteria.
- Update and provide reports on all sales activity, including, but not limited to status of leads and opportunities, win/loss rate, origin of lead, geographic information, and size of opportunity.
- Complete understanding of pricing and company service offerings.
- Work closely with the Sales and Proposal team on activities such as RFPs, RFIs, RFQs, and other projects as assigned.
- Sales Presentations
- Attend RFP pre-bid meetings if necessary.
- Travel to any necessary sales functions.
- Commit to meeting deadlines with flexibility and willingness to work outside of normal business hours when required.
- Conduct research, make calls, and maintain new business development database.
- Activity use sales support software.
- Ongoing post sale follow up to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Assist with installation and customer training on products or services sold.
- Write correspondence as required.
- Perform other duties as requested.
- Commits to meeting deadlines with flexibility and willingness to work outside of normal business hours if required.
- Develop and strategize new business opportunities through the creation of company aligned processes and procedures.
- Interface with operations to ensure phase in and start up activities meet customer expectations.
- Provides back-up walk-through participation and participants with target questions pertaining to RFP/scope of work ambiguities.
Education and/or Experience:
- 1 to 4 years of proposal/business development experience.
- 1 to 4 years of experience developing and managing marketing materials in response to business development needs.
- Background in writing and communications for technical, service-oriented companies.
- Understanding of janitorial pricing models preferred but not required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Exceptional time management skills and ability to multi-task flexibly under the pressure of constantly changing deadlines and requirements.
- Must have excellent command of English and Spanish grammar/spelling/punctuation.
- Must have high degree of initiative and ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Persistence in problem solving, self-motivation, and an ability to understand complex material and explain it clearly.
- Good working relationships and sensitivity toward others, especially those from different backgrounds.
- Ability to persuade and influence others.
- Ability to develop innovative sales strategies.
- Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials. Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Knowledge of marketing, advertising, and sales techniques.
- Visibility requires maintaining a professional appearance and providing a positive company image to the public.
- Work requires local travel to potential clients as well as periodic travel to mainland US.
- Reading, writing, and arithmetic skills required.
Jan Pro of Central Connecticut
AddressSan Juan, PR
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?