Are you a health aide or CNA with great compassion and concern for patients? Do you have experience in hospice services? If so, James River Hospice may be looking for you! We are seeking a Hospice Aide to support our patients in their homes as part of our care team. Locally owned and serving the Richmond metro region, the Hospice Aide would work under the direction of a supervising RN and provide care to patients as assigned.
The Hospice Aide is responsible for providing personal care under the direction of a Registered Nurse and take responsibility for the following tasks:
- Perform personal care services (bathing, dressing, toileting, feeding, etc) as instructied in the Hospice Aide Plan of Care.
- Document the care provided according toa gency policy.
- Report any deviations fromt he Plan of Care to the Case Manager.
- Take vital signs when indicated on the Hospice Aide plan of care.
- Measure and re ord fluid intake and output.
- Record and report changes in the patient's physical condition, behavior or appearance to the health care professional managing the patient's care.
- Foster cooperative effort among personnel by actively participating in team and staff conferences.
- Provide proper care and observation of patients' skin conditions to prevent skin breakdowns. The Aide is responsible for reporting any changes or areas of concern to the Case Manager.
- Assist with ambulation, transfers, range of motion, and other support as documented on the Hospice Aide plan of care.
- Perform other duties that you may be qualified to do with additional training and demonstrated competency, within state guidelines.
- Provide respite for patient's family and/or caregiver when on-site, as appropriate.
- Participate in QAPI activities.
- Participate in IDG meetings, as appropriate
The Hospice Aide needs to be able to access patients' homes, which may not be have wheelchair accessibility.
Hearing, eyesight, and physical dexterity must be sufficient to perform a physical assessment of the patient's condition and to perform patient care as outlined in the Hospice Aide plan of care.
Physical activities will include walking, sitting, stooping, and standing; minimal to maximum lifting and turning of patients is also expected.
The Hospice Aide needs to be able to use a telephone, tablet, thermometer, blood pressure cuff, and other basic office and medical equipment.
The qualified applicant should have a minimum of 75 hours of classroom and supervised practical training with at least 16 hours devoted to supervised practical training and at least 16 hours of classroom instruction completed.
One year experience as a CNA, Hospice Aide or Home Health Aide. Hospice experience is preferred.
Must be at least 18 years old.
Must be a licensed driver with an insured automobile in good working order.
Hospice Aides must be able to speak, write and read English and meet one of the following qualifications:
Certification as a Nurse Aide issued by the Virginia Board of Nursing OR
Completed a Nurse Aide education hospice program approved by the Virginia Board of Nursing OR
Be enrolled in a nursing education hospice program preparing for registered nurse or practical nurse licensure and have currently completed at least one nursing course that includes clinical experience involving patient care OR
Have satisforactorily completed a nursing education hospice program preparing for registerd nurse lcensure or practical nurse licensure OR
Satisfactorily completed training using the Personal Care Aide Training Curriculum of the Dept of Medical Assistance Services.
This is afull-time position and offers a full package of benefits:
Health Insurance: 75% of lowest cost premium for individual coverage covered by the Company
Short-Term, Long-Term Disability and Life Insurance: fully paid by the company
Dental and Vision insurance available at your option
Generous PTO benefits and holiday pay
If you believe you have the qualifications for this position, we want to hear from you!
"James River is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status."