Associate Marketing Manager - Brand Strategy
At James Hardie Building Products, we are looking for people who are Smart, Driven, and Real.
We hire leaders and innovators - not employees or staff. James Hardie is a $2.5B WORLD LEADER in fiber-cement building products and technology, and the success and quality of our products is attributed to the talent of our people. We manufacture durable, beautiful building materials for the residential and light commercial markets.
The Associate Marketing Manager will partner with the Manager and Sr. Manager across all facets of brand strategy and the product commercialization process. They will prosper in a fast-paced, multi-faceted environment and enjoy the continuous evolution of brand.
Ideally, they will have exposure to both brand strategy and new product commercialization with heavier experience in at least one as well as basic understanding of the research process and leveraging insights into future opportunities.
Key areas of responsibility include: assist in executing the commercialization of new exterior products; help manage the research process and agency partnerships to drive ongoing brand direction and alignment; participating in continuous evolution of the James Hardie brand and helping institutionalize changes across the organization designing tools and plans; tracking key trends and findings for both the consumer and the market; supporting in the ideation of delivering strategic brand building initiatives (like events, systems, processes); and participates in prioritization, budgeting, planning and tracking of critical brand projects.
- Contributes to overarching brand strategy building and implementation of brand stewardship towards business
- Estimated allocation of time 30% strategy development, 70% tactical execution
- Participates in budgeting, project prioritization, people development, and allocation of team resources (time, people, and investment).
- Participate as cross functional member on product development team
- Establish, build, and maintain relevant internal and external relationships, including internal cross functional teams and agency partnerships
- Collaborate with agency partners, internal graphic design team, and print production manager to design, build, and distribute marketing communications for new product launches.
- Work with customer channel teams, marketing, and sales to determine appropriate brand alignment and measuring/plus-up opportunities
- Track the planning, measurement and optimization of all commercialization efforts.
- Collaborate with agency partners and internal team members to continuously improve major event experiences
- Education & Experience: Bachelor's degree required (MBA preferred), 3+ years of successful related marketing strategy/business experience, preferably agency and/or branding related
- Fundamental understanding of a marketing commercialization process.
- Experience launching products through both B2B distribution channels, as well as retail
- Clear understanding of research options; including planning and execution of diverse set of research initiatives
- Storytelling ability - leverage analytics and insight into a larger picture
- Branding experience including understanding of brand hierarchy, alignment on brand guidelines and protocols etc., and experience in partnership with agencies.
- Strong cross-functional team skills with demonstrated ability to effectively utilize internal resources to meet project deadlines and objectives.
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to listen and assess customer needs, prioritize needs/requirements, and communicate them cross-functionally.
- Developing presentation, and negotiation skills, and effectively in driving initiatives and participating as a member of cross functional teams.
- Demonstrated experience in working cross-functionally with teams such as products & segments, sales, channel, brand, etc.
- Strong interpersonal skills to constructively foster relationships internally and externally, including key stakeholders.
- High level of motivation with the ability to operate as an individual and team contributor.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Project).
- Ability to travel up to 15% of the time
- Demonstrated success working as an integral cross functional team member