We are seeking an electrical low voltage technician with computer experience for industrial work in fire / life / safety, knowledgeable in electrical fundamentals, strong problem solving and analytical skills, and proficient in computers and programming. The candidate must have their own tools and show a dedicated work ethic for the growth of an expanding company as we open up our Northern California Division.
What you’ll do:
- Troubleshoot fire alarm or nurse call issues related to wiring, relays, water damage, programming issues, code changes, or patient damages.
- Assist with new system installation dictated on state approved plans
- Perform and assist with inspections with Fire Marshalls, Area Compliance Officers or Inspectors of Record.
- Remedy any corrections required by OSHPD officials in order to be in compliance with building and state codes.
- Communicate and report to Field Forman, Project Manager, & Lead Designer
- Represent our company and communicate with OSHPD officials, Fire Marshalls, Inspectors, Architects and Clients.
- Certify installations are within working order.
Our ideal candidate:
Education and Experience
- 2 years programming experience
- Computer panel trouble shooting proficiency
- Valid journeyman/wireman card
- OSHA certified
- Working knowledge of relays and basic electrical
- Reliable transportation
- Manufacturer training Certification
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to read architectural drawings
- Ability to meet schedules
- Emergency repair call availability
- Detail oriented
- Clear communication
- Work throughout Southern California Area
- Proactive problem-solver
- Valid driver’s license with a clean record
- Can take direction well and work independently
What we offer:
- Competitive salary range $18-$45 per hr depending on qualifications
- We offer competitive health benefits. We cover up to $400 per employee per month for medical insurance. After a year of service you are eligible for 401k. The company will match up to 4% of your annual income contributed to your 401k
- Can be eligible for company vehicle, company credit card. If not already certified, will be enrolled in training course to pursue accreditation and licenses. We are happy to offer opportunities for all employees. If there is an area you are interested or proficient in we will assist in training and provide merit increases. We are happy to grow with you. We have an annual family banquet