Class A CDL - Local Delivery Driver - Austin, TX
- Posted: over a month ago
**This role is located in Austin, TX. Only candidates who live in Austin, TX will be considered for the role.
Job Title: Local CDL Class A Delivery Driver
Reports To: Director of Transportation
Location: Austin, TX
Pay: Incentive pay with a $1400 / 5-day week guarantee pay
The CDL Class A Delivery Driver timely and efficiently delivers orders/groceries from our warehouse to customers.
- Schedule: Monday - Friday, Morning to Afternoon/Evening - HOME DAILY
- Multi-Touch Freight
- $1400/week guarantee (5 days)
Duties & Responsibilities (include, but not limited to)
- Routine lifting/moving of up to 65 pounds, occasional lifting of heavier amounts.
- Using a hand truck/dolly, wheels up to 250 pounds of goods down a ramp, across the pavement to customer establishments, and occasionally goes up/downstairs.
- Check-in all products at customer site against customer's invoice.
- Complete all stops on the assigned route within delivery windows in a timely and courteous manner.
- Exposure to outside weather conditions (e.g., rain, heat, fog).
- Comply with all company policies, procedures, and practices.
- Willing to work additional hours, holidays, and weekends as requested.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to safely operate Tractor/Trailer Combination and Bobtail truck.
- Newer Day Cabs 28 - 36 foot Trailers
- Maintain a valid CDL Class A Commercial Driver's License.
- High School diploma or GED preferred
- Valid Class A Drivers License required. Experience driving manual transmission vehicles or the desire to learn a plus
- 1-3 years of general work experience required
- 1+ years of commercial driving experience preferred. Local delivery experience preferred
- Prior grocery store and/or consumer products experience a plus
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Driving record within MVR policy guidelines required
- Must have the ability to repetitively lift, pull and push 50+ pounds, reach above head height, stand, walk, kneel, bend and reach
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k, IRA)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Training & Development
** Complete job description with a detailed list of duties will be provided upon request.
Jake's Finer Foods
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at Jake's Finer Foods