The Communications Specialist will support marketing and communications efforts through a variety of writing and editing projects, publication management, social media promotion and other assignments. In collaboration with leadership, clients, and other communications colleagues, the Communications Specialist will plan and execute communication tactics through a variety of media. This position will have a special focus on manufacturing.
- Serve as publication manager and editor for bi-monthly trade publication, Precision Manufacturing Journal, which includes:
- Write, edit, and research content for the magazine.
- Develop editorial calendar and themes, with particular attention to industry trends. Recruit writers as needed. Maintain communication for articles with writers, with attention to multiple deadlines for advertising, editorial, and printing.
- Manage and maintain publication schedule and deadlines.
- Serve as primary copy editor for the publication. Knowledge of AP Style is required.
- Oversee and maintain publication budget, to include sending invoices and tear sheets to advertisers.
- Coordinate and maintain layout and production schedule with creative department and contracted printer.
- Lead communications committee meetings, maintain minutes, and coordinate schedules.
- Work closely with advertising sales representative to develop pitches, cultivate advertising relationships, and expand print and digital advertising options.
- Develop and implement communication plans for projects, events, and programs. Work with staff, clients, and volunteers to develop content for all areas of communication.
- Oversee digital communication strategy (developing new plan to rollout)
- Serve as publication manager for bi-monthly e-newsletter.
- Write, edit, develop, and research articles and information for the website, social media, e-communications, and press releases.
- Take photographs and/or video at events.
- Attend industry events, to increase knowledge of industries and strengthen client relations.
- Ensure a high level of editorial review for all communication projects for print and digital.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Degree in English, Journalism, Marketing, Public Relations or equivalent, or 5+ years of related experience.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of and ability to edit in graphic design software
- Proven written and editorial skills.
- Ability to learn various industries and write stories from both a technical angle and marketing / promotional angle.
- Ability to work independently and provide support to team members.
- Ability to provide support to programs and projects of associations.
Office in St. Louis Park.Position will start on or around December 1, 2020. Occasional evening work for event staffing might be needed as well as well as local travel.
IntrinXec, a Jaffe Management, Inc.company is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, train, and promote without discrimination due to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, military leave or veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro