Shakespeare - Manager, Finance
- Expired: April 06, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
SHAKESPEARE COMPANY LLC, a Jadex Inc. company, is a US-based manufacturer of both industrial and consumer products for a wide variety of industries and applications.
Shakespeare industrial products are tailored to the customer's unique needs and include custom engineered nylon resins, performance monofilaments, and conductive fibers used as raw materials in finished goods ranging from automotive components to medical applications. The company operates under the Shakespeare, Rino-Tuff, and Weed Warrior brands in the lawn & garden category and is a major player in the mass merchant channel as the primary universal fit solution for trimmer line, heads, and accessories. The brand is known worldwide within the marine electronics industry for marine radio antennas with a portfolio of connectivity solutions and accessories to help keep boaters connected and safe. Maintaining communications is of utmost importance to military forces across the world and Shakespeare's line of military antenna products plays a critical role in achieving mission success.
The Finance Manager role will support strategies to drive increased profitability, process efficiency, reduced costs, and overall business improvement. The role will be the primary liaison for the Commercial and Operations teams. This role will also lead Financial Planning and Analysis. Primary responsibility will include commercial and operational analysis and tracking, presentation of commercial and operational metrics, sales and margin forecasting, and full budget cycle. The team member will be proactive in data analysis, process improvement and being a strategic business partner to multiple business functions.
- Drive financial performance by measuring and analyzing business results
- Control, coordinate and develop execution of forecasts and proactively follow-up on deviations together with management team.
- Joint P&L responsibility together with the Commercial and Operations management
- Support Commercial & Operations management with ad hoc information used in decision making
- Develop tracking tools and key performance indicators to drive business decisions
- Track customer profitability trends and provide concise reporting for decision making
- Track and present pricing trends to drive customer profitability
- Lead periodic forecast activities - Weekly,Monthly
- Develop automated forecasting process - Sales,Operations
- Coordinate and consolidate annual budget(s)
- Participate in annual re-cost process planning, coordination, and implementation
- Assist with analysis and preparation of capital expenditures
- Partner with Supply Chain to drive cash flow through cross-functional working capital initiatives
- Prepare periodic management presentations
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting, MBA/CMA preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant analytical experience, manufacturing experience a plus
- Strong proficiency with MS-Office applications particularly Microsoft Excel required
- Experience leading/managing projects highly desired
- EPICOR experience is a plus
- Strong finance background, with operational understanding, P&L management, annual budget, forecasting, strategic planning, consolidated reporting, business reviews
- Flexible, self-starter with ability to work independently
- Detail oriented with strong commitment to quality, accuracy and continuous improvement
- Team-oriented with ability to interact with all levels of employees in a professional manner
- Results driven individual with a track record to support
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills
- Project management skills, organized, with careful attention to detail
- Detail-oriented with strong analytical skills
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
This position may require active participation and/or leadership of cross functional project teams.
At Jadex, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. Jadex is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.Apply Now
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Jadex