Would you like a job with a purpose? Would you like a job that allows you to have fun while working? If so, this is the job for you! Jade Behavioral Consultants (JBC) is seeking a Behavior Technician to join our fast growing team! You will be responsible for implementing effective behavior treatment plans to clients in a natural setting of a home or community. JBC offers our behavior technician’s paid training and supervision, paid mileage and drivetime, company social events and more! We offer our behavior technicians competitive pay, opportunities for career advancement, performance bonuses, and promotion raises.
- Provide play-based behavior intervention to children with autism and/or developmental disorders
- Follow behavior interventions plans as designed by the BCBA
- Our ABA therapists collaborate and engage with their behavior treatment teams by participating in clinical team meetings to report client progress and get specific feedback from the supervisor.
- Educate families/caregivers on behavior intervention strategies
- Communicate vital information to supervisor
- As a behavior technician, you will make an impact by delivering 1:1 behavior therapy to individuals with special needs in their natural setting, such as in their home or community.
- Meet with clinical team to collaborate about future goals
- Our passionate behavioral technicians help teach individuals with autism how to communicate, play, make friends, and function independently, while helping reduce any inappropriate behaviors.
- We provide our behavior therapists with extensive, paid training so that they can deliver effective, applied behavior analysis (ABA) treatment, such as discrete trial teaching (DTT), naturalistic teaching strategies and verbal behavior.
- 1-2 years of previous experience working with children
- BA/BS in related field highly desired but not required
- Experience in conflict resolution
- Compassionate and caring demeanor
- Ability to work part-time on at least 3 weekdays (3pm-8pm) and on Saturday (9am-4pm)
- Valid driver’s license and auto insurance
- Ability to provide negative TB test results
- Ability to pass FBI & DOJ fingerprinting
- Energetic attitude and desire to help individuals with developmental disabilities succeed
- Ability to play and positively interact with the individuals with behavioral challenges
- Ability to build rapport with clients and their families
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $15.00 to $24.00 /hour DOE