Jada Systems is looking for a Software Engineer with a strong image processing background to work with our customer on exciting Earth science missions.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Working on algorithm specification, design, and implementation utilizing existing multi-mission operational image processing capabilities, primarily in support of autonomous in-flight geometric calibration, co-registration, orthorectification, and mapping of imagery obtained during remote-sensing operations.
· Updating of Multi-angle Imagine SpectroRadiometer (MISR) processing algorithm dealing with autonomous in-flight geometric calibration, orthorectification, and mapping.
· Address dynamically changing ground track patterns including:
o reevaluation of static pointing corrections,
o generation of new camera geometric models,
o preparation of new ground control images to handle dynamic pointing errors in the presence of drifting ground track locations,
o definition of a new pointing correction model,
o implementation of a new orthorectification algorithm to include on-the-fly ray casting to the global DEM.
Clearance is not required for this position
No Visa Sponsorship
Education / Work Experience:
Master degree in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Geomatics, or related technical discipline with a minimum of 4 years of related experience
· Experience integrating with existing applications and libraries written in C, C++, and/or Python.
· Expert knowledge in one or more of the following fields: digital photogrammetry, image understanding, stereo vision, data fusion techniques, optimization algorithms.
· Broad knowledge in one or more of the following related fields: numerical analysis, data analysis, mathematical modeling, estimation theory.
· Excellent communication skills to: understand user needs, negotiate requirements, and summarize trade-offs to instrument developers and science customers.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Significant and varied experience in scientific and numerical programming.
· Broad knowledge and understanding of the principles underlying data acquisition and subsequent processing involving scientific remote sensing instruments.
· Extensive knowledge of applicable industry and/or academic practices and standards for analysis of remote sensing data sets in response to science needs, and reporting of related results in journals, workshops, or conferences.
The selected candidate will be required to work in Pasadena CA
This position requires a U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.