Do you want to LOVE where you work and get full training to do it?
Jacoby & Meyers is the nation's pre-eminent law firm protecting consumers since 1972.
We offer competitive compensation, health insurance, 2 weeks vacation, sick pay, 401(k), paid parking and a pleasant work environment.
JOB TITLE: Accounting (AP/AR) Assistant
SALARY: Depending on experience
TYPE OF POSITION: FULL TIME
HOURS: M-F flexible
Accounting Assistant Requirements and Qualifications:
- At minimum, an Associate's degree in Accounting, Bookkeeping, Finance, or similar field.
- Bachelor's degree preferred. An equivalent combination of education, training, and experience can be
- 1-2 years of relevant, hands-on accounting experience
- Experience with QuickBooks
- Able to analyze financial records
- Self-motivated and self-directed
- Accurate and precise attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills; able to prioritize
- Assists team members when needed to accomplish team goals
- Strong aptitude for numbers, spreadsheets, and financial reports
- Excellent computer skills; experience in accounting software, Microsoft Office Suite
- Familiarity with basic Accounting principles
- Professional manner and strong ethical code
- Ability to multitask and remain motivated and positive
- Commitment to working efficiently and accurately
- Ability to work independently on assigned duties
- Demonstrates an ability to manage a variety of priorities while meeting deadlines
Accounting Assistant Duties and Responsibilities:
- Bookkeeping and Accounts Payable
- Keeping financial records up to date
- Correcting and modifying inaccurate files and records
- Compile and prepare routine reports and summaries
- Assisting in account analysis and account coding
- Reconciling account balances
- Fact-checking invoices for payment and processing
- Verifies vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions.
- Performing basic office tasks, such as filing, data entry, answering phones, processing the mail, etc.
- Handling communications with clients and vendors
- Assisting with audits, fact checks, and resolving discrepancies
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.