Structural Engineer \- Mid Level \(Buildings Design\)
Federal Group, under the Buildings, Infrastructure & Advanced Facilities \(BIAF\) line of business in Jacobs, is creating a core Indo\-Pacific business center in Honolulu office and searching for talents to help grow our design practice\.We welcome professionals who are looking for a career of the life time\.
Jacobs ranked \#1 in 500 Engineering News\-record \(ENR\) 2018 Top 500 Design Firms list\. We have consistently received high rankings from ENR in many other classifications as well, including the categories of Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies\.BIAF line of business in Jacobs is a global network of employees, which serves both the private and public sector\.Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world\-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities\.
This opportunity will open a door to design professionals who are aspiring to become a leader, willing to take challenges and loving adventures and travels in a beautiful community of Oahu Island\. Our Indo\-Pacific team is delivering award\-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design\-build project delivery in the region including Hawaii, Japan, Guam and South Korea\.
At Jacobs our Engineers provide a range of skills as part of an integrated building services design\. Reporting directly to the Indo\-Pacific federal group leader in Honolulu office, the successful candidate will work as a core project team\.
The Structural Engineer will be responsible for the structural design for new structures as well as existing structural upgrades: calculations and other related design services including coordination with the designs of other trades \(architectural and engineering / internal and external\) under the guidance of more senior technical staff\.
The engineer will take ownership of the completeness, accuracy and timeliness of the work assigned to you\. Individuals in this position must demonstrate the ability to progress from basic design work assignments to more complicated and involved projects working in conjunction with a technical team\.
- Work in a fast\-paced environment and work under tight deadlines, while maintaining high quality standards
- Prepare drawings and specification detailing the Structural System designed
- Prepare inspection and design reports and presentation materials
- Performs construction administration and field investigation tasks for assigned projects including document management and processing RFI's and Change Orders
- Support PM, senior designer and/or senior engineer in the on\-going determination of project scheduling requirements, manpower requirements, and project budgets
- Participate in internal and external meetings and document discussions
- Gather information, interview stakeholders, makes studies, performs calculations, and prepare original rough layouts and sketches as required
- Perform routine tasks under general supervision using well\-defined standards, procedures and codes
- Coordinate work with engineers of other disciplines and architects
- Perform product research; assist project designers and project architects with materials selection and system research
- Design new or existing structural components and systems to develop or improve them
- Participate in structural computations and analysis of concrete, steel, Masonry and timber structures and conducts calculation checks
- U\.S\. Citizenship is required
- Candidates must be fluent in written and spoken English required
- Bachelors' Degree in Structural Engineering is required
- 7 years' Structural design experience is required
- Candidates must be a P\.E\. or on track for attaining P\.E\. \(EIT preferred\) with a continued path to obtaining Structural Engineering Registration \(SE\)
- Ability to communicate thoughts and technical ideas in an accessible way, both in person and in writing is required
- Basic knowledge of sustainability, integrated design and LEED guidelines is required
- Self\-motivated personality with the ability to work collaboratively and independently as appropriate in studio environment is required
- Ability to work in a multi\-discipline team environment is required
- Ability to effectively meet deadlines is required
- Overseas travel may be required
- Proficiency in REVIT and AutoCAD is required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Word, PowerPoint and Excel program is required
- Experience with structural engineering software such as Enercalc, RAM, RISA, ETABS and SAP or similar tools is required
- Experience in the analysis and design of structures including seismic design is required
- Experience in Department of Defense, United States Army Corp of Engineers and / or NAVFAC is preferred
- Knowledge of the federal Unified Facilities Codes \(UFCs\) and DoDregulations is preferredJacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges\. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive\. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs\.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer\. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law\.
Jacobs is a background screening, drug\-free workplace\.
Primary Location United States\-Hawaii\-Honolulu
Req ID: BIA0005YJ