The Buildings & Infrastructure Line of Business is a global network of employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client's local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
Reporting directly to the Construction Manger this position provides direction to General Contractor regarding quality, safety, and general day to day operations. This is site based position and is the day to day first line of contact with craft labor on the project site.
- Perform inspections as required
- Manage Code Permits
- Manage all documentation of permits and forms
- Assist the Engineer In Charge of any building code related paperwork
- Monitors the activities of contractors and subcontractors performing craftwork, ensuring compliance with project quality, safety, and security requirements
- Ensures that subordinates are trained on and aware of specifications and work procedures and are utilized to ensure optimal efficiency
- Maintains effective schedule and cost control of craft personnel
- Plans required work activity to ensure that design drawings, tools, equipment, and materials are available when needed
- Responsible for safety of supervised personnel; ensures that craft personnel comply with established safety policies and procedures, and that they practice safe work habits
- High School diploma is required, however, Bachelors of Science Degree in Construction Management or Engineering preferred
- 8 years of construction site experience is required
- Must be Certified Code Enforcement Official
- 3 or more years as a general foreman is required
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills are required
- User skills inside the Microsoft Suite of tools is required
- Ability to read electronic scheduling tools such as P6 is preferred
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.