CEI Senior Project Engineer
The Buildings & Infrastructure \(B&I\) Line of Business is a global network of approximately 11,500 employees, which serves both the private and public sector\. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world\-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities\. We provide our clients award\-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design\-build project delivery\. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client's local programs\.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News\-Record \(ENR\) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies\.
Excellent opportunity for a senior CEI project engineer to join our Tampa, FL team\. This is a senior level position overseeing higher level inspectors and engineers in functional areas such as construction inspection and surveying; scheduling and status; roadway design; traffic signal equipment; traffic signalization and geometrics; materials sampling; inspection and testing\. Involves significant amount of decision making and use of judgment, and includes providing work direction to others\.
- Perform independent complex inspections of roadways and structure construction processes and materials to assure compliance with the construction contract\.
- Will perform moderately complex inspections; or supervise other inspectors conducting routine and standard inspections\. Includes inspecting asphalt and concrete for acceptable materials and mix; pavement for proper spreading, rolling, depth, alignment and compaction; roadways and structures for conformance to plans, and specifications; structural materials and members; placement of culverts, structural operations such as foundation excavation; placement of piling, reinforcing and structural steel, concrete and backfill; and traffic control and erosion control devices\.
- Will perform contract documentation duties, including field measurements\.
- Writing or supervising the preparation of reports and correspondence\.
- Participate in Concept Meetings, Field Plan Reviews \(Preliminary/Final\) and CPM schedule reviews\.
- Bachelors in Civil, Civil Engineering Technology or Construction Management \(4 year degree\) or Civil Engineering Technology or Construction Management \(2 year degree\) with ten \(10\) years of progressive technical experience\.
- PE license in the state of Florida
- Six \(6\) years of major road or bridge construction experience
- Direct highly complex and specialized construction engineering administration and inspection program\.
- Attend the CTQP Quality Control Manager course and pass the examination
- FDOT Advanced MOT
- Ability to demonstrate excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills required
- Demonstrated knowledge of materials, methods, and equipment used in highway construction; and considerableknowledge of mathematical functions, including algebra, geometry and trigonometry related to highway/transportation engineering\.
- Valid Driver's License Required\.
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges\. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive\. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer\. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law\.
Jacobs is a background screening, drug\-free workplace\.
Primary Location United States\-Florida\-Tampa
Travel Yes, 10 % of the Time
Req ID: BIA0004J1