Business Specialist IV \- SME
Jacobs Technology provides overall management and implementation of ground systems capabilities, flight hardware processing and launch operations at NASA's Kennedy Space Center in Florida\. These tasks will support the International Space Station, Ground Systems Development and Operations, and the Space Launch System, Orion Multi\-Purpose Crew Vehicle and Launch Services programs\.
Successful candidate will coach, mentor, and provide daily guidance for junior\-level contract administrators\. Perform analytical and advisory functions on the evaluation of programs and operations for assessing program development, execution and improving effectiveness and efficiency, pre\-award and post\-award functions including price/cost analysis, negotiation, administration and related procurement actions\.
- Responsibilities include developing Pricing requests based on Request for Proposal \(RFP\) received from NASA/TOSC and other Non\-TOSC/Commercial customers
- Develop completed Proposal from inputs \(labor, non\-labor, and other resources\) received from Project Managers based on RFP\.
- Experience in developing rate structure for different type of proposals\.
- Maintain all records for all proposal/pricing efforts\.
- Execute complex and high level support to the business process collaboration, projects, budgetary, financial
- management and technical interface with customers\.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement comprehensive action plans to solve problems; makes decisions or recommendations, verbally present sensitive information on complex matters to senior management and defend decisions
- Demonstrated knowledge of a wide range of Federal contracting laws, contract types and regulations to include Federal Acquisition Regulations \(FAR\) and Cost Accounting Standards \(CAS\)\.
- Knowledgeable with EVMS\.
- Experienced with Microsoft Office \- Especially Microsoft Excel \- macros and Word
- Assist with the management and updating of the Jacobs TOSC Pricing Manual as well as other Pricing procedures and policies\.
- Perform other duties as assigned or required\.
BS or BA degree in the appropriate discipline \(Finance/Business related\) from an accredited college or university, plus a minimum of nine \(9\) years of appropriate and progressive experience; additional relevant education may be substituted for progressive experience\.
- Position may involve extended periods of sitting or standing\.
- Physical requirements are: sitting, walking, standing, extensive use of stairs, and access to remote structures\.
- Position is located on a hazardous testing facility; must be able to quickly evacuate buildings in the event of an emergency\.
- Work will mainly be done inside, but fieldwork can be a combination of outside and inside depending on the project\.
- Working at heights and in confined spaces may be required\.
- Walking on uneven terrain including paved areas, gravel/rocks, and dirt/sand is required to access various locations on the facility\.
- Climbing ladders and platforms will be necessary\.
- All work must be completed in a safe manner in accordance with NASA and Company safety standards\.
- Computers and printers used for producing reports and schedules\.
- Variety of equipment used in testing\.
- Full\-time regular work hours between Monday\-Friday\.
- Position may require occasional overtime including weekend work depending on task\.
- Must be dependable and punctual\.
- Shift work may be required\.
- Must be able to accurately communicate ideas in writing and verbal communication\.
- Must be able to travel to support position requirements\. This may include travel to and from customer location, which may involve airline travel\. In some cases, accommodations can be made for POV, if necessary\.
- Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others\.
- Must comply with all "drug free workplace" requirements as mandated by directives issued by the appropriate federal contracting officer and the company, which requires drug testing for use of illegal drugs by employees in sensitive positions\.
- Government security clearance may be required in the future\.
- Must maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a manner that fosters good relations with customers, clients, co\-workers, and management\.
Primary Location United States\-Florida\-Kennedy Space Center\-20339\-KSC
Job Type Experienced
Req ID: AER000437