Business Specialist III \- Subcontracts
Jacobs Technology provides overall management and implementation of ground systems capabilities, flight hardware processing and launch operations at NASA's Kennedy Space Center in Florida\. These tasks will support the International Space Station, Ground Systems Development and Operations, and the Space Launch System, Orion Multi\-Purpose Crew Vehicle and Launch Services programs\.
- Developing subcontract specifications, work statements, and terms and conditions for the procurement of specialized materials, equipment, and services\.
- Prepare bid packages, conduct bidders conferences, analyze and evaluate proposals, negotiates subcontract provisions, selects or recommends subcontractors, award and administer resulting subcontracts\.
- Negotiates and coordinates additions, deletions, or modifications to subcontracts
- Maintain a subcontract record
- Operate and maintain the small business subcontracting program and prepare small business subcontracting plans and reports
- Perform small business outreach
- Assist with the management and updating of the Jacobs TOSC purchasing Manual as well as other contracts/procurement procedures and policies
- Perform other duties as assigned\.
Requires BA or BS in Accounting, Economics, Finance, Business Administration, or a related field, plus six \(6\) to nine \(9\) years of progressive and relevant experience\. Additional relevant education may be substituted for progressive experience\.
- Excellent communication, presentation and customer interface skills required\.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects\.
- Computer experience with Microsoft Office products, Internet browsers, and outlook\.
- Excellent Excel skills to manipulate and analyze data to generate reports in a variety of formats required\.
- Familiarity with PeopleSoft and Jacobs financial systems \(JAMIS and JEMS\) preferred\.
- Must have the ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance, if necessary\.
- Position may involve extended periods of sitting or standing\.
- Physical requirements are: sitting, walking, standing, extensive use of stairs, and access to remote structures\.
- Position is located on a hazardous testing facility; must be able to quickly evacuate buildings in the event of an emergency\.
- Work will mainly be done inside, but fieldwork can be a combination of outside and inside depending on the project\.
- Working at heights and in confined spaces may be required\.
- Walking on uneven terrain including paved areas, gravel/rocks, and dirt/sand is required to access various locations on the facility\.
- Climbing ladders and platforms will be necessary\.
- All work must be completed in a safe manner in accordance with NASA and Company safety standards\.
- Computers and printers used for producing reports and schedules\.
- Variety of equipment used in testing\.
- Full\-time regular work hours between Monday\-Friday\.
- Position may require occasional overtime including weekend work depending on task\.
- Must be dependable and punctual\.
- Shift work may be required\.
- Must be able to accurately communicate ideas in writing and verbal communication\.
- Must be able to travel to support position requirements\. This may include travel to and from customer location, which may involve airline travel\. In some cases, accommodations can be made for POV, if necessary\.
- Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others\.
- Must comply with all "drug free workplace" requirements as mandated by directives issued by the appropriate federal contracting officer and the company, which requires drug testing for use of illegal drugs by employees in sensitive positions\.
- Government security clearance may be required in the future\.
- Must maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a manner that fosters good relations with customers, clients, co\-workers, and management\.
- The candidate must be new to the TOSC job application system and not have a pre\-existent profile from applications to previous requisitions
- The candidate must be new to the location \(KSC\), not a previous or current NASA or KSC contractor
- The candidate must successfully complete a probation period of 90 days before payment is made
- The position must be posted through the Jacobs system
Jacobs is a background screening, drug\-free workplace\.
Primary Location United States\-Florida\-Kennedy Space Center
Req ID: AER00039M