Travelling Commercial Construction Superintendent
Jacobs Group Inc Louisville, KY
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: dental, life insurance, medical, vision, 401k
The Superintendent is responsible for overseeing all construction activities on the project site. This includes tracking daily progress, managing subcontractors, Quality Control, and acting as the company’s onsite representative. The Superintendent must demonstrate strong commitment to safety, quality, scheduling, subcontractor and owner relationships on the project by proactively communicating and taking ownership of risks/issues and facilitating effective outcomes in a timely manner. The Superintendent will maintain consistent and clear communication with the Project Manager. This position is vitally important to the overall success of the organization, so we are looking for the best, highly motivated, collaborative, solution driven and forward-thinking individuals to become part of our team!
The Superintendent will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of the construction operations, typical duties and responsibilities for the Superintendent include:
• Always maintain professional attitude and presentation.
• Have a complete knowledge of all contracts, subcontract documents, drawings and specifications, shop drawings, schedules and general conditions.
• Oversee daily operations of project and ensure work is installed in compliance with approved contract documents.
• Manage all site related logistics and scheduling of deliveries.
• Coordinate assigned work of different trade subcontractors, company departments, or other specialty contractors.
• Assist in resolving construction problems (lack of productivity, work interfaces, etc.) as required and participate in strategy development for issue resolution.
• Maintain compliance with project safety program requirements; document and ensure corrective measures are implemented.
• Communicate project progress with project managers and project leadership.
• Weekly generation of 3 week lookahead schedules, short term schedules and determine sequencing of work.
• Organize and lead subcontractor meetings to review project safety, schedule, trade coordination and quality.
• Responsible for daily project documentation and reporting.
• Responsible for timely notification and documentation to support change orders, back charges and other items with project cost implications.
To be successful in this role, the Superintendent will possess:
• Experience as the sole Field Supervisor for Commercial General Contractor managing projects with values $400,000-$5,000,000
• Experienced overseeing commercial interior projects of varying types and sizes. Commercial shell building experience is preferred but not required.
• Proven ability to successfully manage, track and report on project schedule, subcontractors and materials to achieve milestones
• Computer literate with experience preparing various logs/reports and look ahead schedules
• Ability to read, understand and interpret contract documents, blueprints / drawings specifications, scopes of work and project schedule
• Ability to read submittal data and incorporate into the work
• Superior track record for managing quality control and maintaining project safety
• Construction/ Engineering degree or equivalent combinations of technical training and/or experience.
• Minimum of 7-10 years related experience in similar facility construction, means and methods, equipment, tools and work procedures required.
• Advanced understanding of construction scheduling, cost control and demonstrated ability to control and supervise large groups.
As a member of our highly collaborative team, we provide you with an amazing benefits package that reflects our respect to your workplace contributions, professional goals, and personal priorities. The benefits program includes:
• Medical, Dental and Vision insurance
• 401(K) retirement planning with employer matching
• Individual and Dependent Life Insurance
• Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance (AD&D)
• Short and Long-Term Disability
• Training & Professional Development
• Career advancement and professional growth opportunity within the organization
Interested candidates should email their resume and salary requirements. Salary commensurate with experience.
Jacobs Group Inc
Louisville based GC is seeking a seasoned Construction Superintendent for healthcare related and commercial construction projects throughout the US. We are a general contractor seeking a hardworking and dedicated person to become a member of our team.
ConstructionView all jobs at Jacobs Group Inc