Traveling Commercial Construction Superintendent NATIONWIDE (WV)
- Expired: June 29, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Do you like travelling and being valued for the work you do? Do job completion bonuses motivate you? How about getting to do a new project every 4 months? If you said yes to all of this we want to talk to you!
Based in Louisville, KY, our team is looking for an experienced construction superintendent to manage our healthcare related and commercial construction projects throughout the US. You'll supervise our staff and ensure projects are delivered on time. This role requires excellent communication skills, as you'll collaborate with various people, such as construction workers, architects and engineers. In order to succeed, it's important to know how to implement quality, health, and safety standards onsite. If you are organized, able to work well under pressure and have experience in this field, we'd like to have you as part of our team!
As Superintendent, you are responsible for overseeing all construction activities on the project site. This includes tracking daily progress, managing subcontractors, quality control and acting as the company's onsite representative. The Superintendent must demonstrate strong safety skills, quality work, scheduling and subcontractor/owner relationships on the project by proactively communicating and taking ownership of projects. Identifying issues and facilitating effective outcomes in a timely manner is key to success in your role. Additionally, you will need to maintain consistent and clear communication with the Project Manager.
This position is vitally important to the overall success of the organization - so if you are highly motivated, organized, solution driven and forward-thinking, we want you!
- Maintain professional attitude and presentation
- Have complete knowledge of all contracts, subcontract documents, drawings and specifications, shop drawings, schedules and general conditions
- Oversee daily operations of project and ensure work is installed in compliance with approved contract documents
- Manage all site related logistics and scheduling of deliveries
- Collaborate with engineers, subcontractors, etc. to determine project needs
- Coordinate assigned work of different trade subcontractors, company departments or other specialty contractors
- Assist in resolving construction problems (lack of productivity, work interfaces etc.) as required and participate in strategy development for issue resolution
- Maintain compliance with project safety program requirements; document and ensure corrective measures are implemented
- Communicate project progress with project managers and project leadership
- Participate in weekly generations of 3 week lookahead schedules, short term schedules and determine sequencing of work
- Organize and lead subcontractor meetings to review project safety, schedule, trade coordination and quality
- Responsible for daily project documentation and reporting
- Responsible for timely notification and documentation to support change orders, back charges and other items with project cost implications.
- Plan inspections and obtain construction permits from local authorities
- Experience as the sole Field Supervisor for Commercial General Contractor managing projects with values of $400,000-$5,000,000
- Experience in overseeing commercial interior projects of varying types and sizes. Commercial shell building experience is preferred, but not required
- Proven ability to successfully manage, track and report on project schedule, subcontractors and materials to achieve milestones and
- Computer literate with experience preparing various logs/reports and look ahead schedules
- Ability to read, understand and interpret documents, blueprints/drawings, specifications, scopes of work and project schedule
- Ability to read submittal data and incorporate into the work
- Superior track record for managing quality control and maintaining project safety
- Minimum of 5-7 years of experience in similar facility construction, means and methods, equipment, tools and work procedures required
- Advanced understanding of construction scheduling, cost control and demonstrated ability to control and supervise large groups
- Ability to lead and inspire.
As a member of our highly collaborative team, we provide you with an amazing benefits package that reflects our respect to your workspace contributions, professional goals and personal priorities. Our benefits prorgram includes:
- Competative salary with performance bonuses on both project completion and yearly performance
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement planning with employer matching
- Individual and dependent life insurance
- Short and long-term disability
- Training & Professional Development
- Career advancement and professional growth opportunity within the organization
Jacobs Group General Contractors
Get fresh Traveling Commercial Construction Superintendent jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.