The Buildings & Infrastructure Line of Business is a global network of employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client's local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
Our team is experiencing exciting growth within our established practice and we have a need for a strong Design Build PM and a background in civil engineering.
- Responsible for the quality of civil engineering work performed, client service, utilization of staff, marketing, office reputation, contract management, billing collection, and project profitability for highway and bridge engineering projects.
- Sells the services of Jacobs as a senior level Project Manager.
- Directs and coordinates activities of Project Engineers, Engineers, and Technicians to ensure project progresses on schedule and within prescribed budget.
- Performs work with the preparation of roadway, highway, and bridge design using local (State, County or City) or AASHTO standards at both conceptual and final design levels.
- Typical duties are likely to include the following: Coordination with all complimentary disciplines (roadway, drainage, structural, traffic, public involvement and environmental), technical preparation and supervision of roadway and planning design tasks, perform plan quality reviews, participate in value engineering studies.
- Full managerial responsibility for all aspects of the project; scope, schedule, design, quality, staff, etc.
- Initiates and reviews proposals and sales activities as well as leads and participates in interviews and presentations.
- Maintains positive relationships with current and past clients.
- Represents Jacobs at meetings, presentations, and public hearings relative to assigned projects.
- Supervises the design and ongoing progress of a project, including the coordination of the project with City, State, and County officials, and other outside agencies.
- Reviews plans, prepares or reviews technical specifications, contract documents, and estimates.
- Assures that project team complies with the contract agreement as well as exercises rigid cost control to implement the approved design within established budget restraints.
- Develops and mentors less experienced staff
- Completes within 12 months of hire the Jacobs's Project Management Certification program
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree and Masters in Civil Engineering is required
- Licensed as a Professional Engineer (PE) is preferred
- A minimum of 15 years of progressive highway and bridge consultant or public agency design experience is required
- A minimum of 15 years of progressive Project Management experience is preferred.
- Experience with Microstation and GEOPAK is preferred
- Experience working in and leading large multi-disciplinary teams required
- Experience working on large DOT projects a plus
- Candidate with established local client relationships preferred
- Technical experience preparing feasibility studies, proposals (Project Approach) and reports is preferred
- Demonstrated strong written and oral communication skills is required
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.