- $68,900 to $95,400 Yearly
The Jacksonville Housing Authority is an equal opportunity employer/affirmative action employer. It is the policy and the intent of the Jacksonville Housing Authority to provide equality of opportunity in employment for all persons, and in all aspects of its personnel policies, programs, practices, operations, and in all its working conditions and relationships with employees and applicants for employment. Recruitment, hiring, assignment, training, compensation, promotion, retention, and disciplinary decisions will be made without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other protected class status applicable under local, State of Florida or federal law.
Job Title: Systems Engineer
FLSA Classification: Exempt
EEO Classification: Professional
Salary/Pay Grade: $68,900.00–$95,400.00
Reports to: Director of Information Technology
Under the direction of the Director of Information Technology, the Systems Engineer is responsible for implementing technical solutions to support the Information Technology Solutions organization. The Systems Engineer is responsible for analyzing technical products and systems; performing engineering design evaluation; recommending alterations of development and design to improve the quality of systems and/or procedures. The Systems Engineer position is a subject matter expert in data center-centric to Cloud-based architectures that envision future state designs, delivering increased agility, scalability, performance, and resiliency. The Systems Engineer must be self-directed and work collaboratively with the technology team members. The right candidate will be creative and motivated, with excellent problem-solving skills and interpersonal skills.
Essential Job Functions
- Responsible for configuring, monitoring, and maintaining network servers, data storage equipment, and mobile computing devices specific to Agency’s technological infrastructure and business application project requirements.
- Addresses and resolves operating systems, applications, and hardware-associated connectivity and integration issues.
- Responsible for maintaining client access to servers and mobile computing applications.
- Analyzes and diagnoses hardware and software failures, implement corrective action necessary to restore system operations, and proactively develops and implements necessary upgrades/changes.
- Translate customer needs into achievable system requirements.
- Develop the (sub)system architecture.
- Develop interface specifications for external interfaces as well as interfaces between internal subsystems.
- Ensure technical consistency and feasibility of sub-system requirements with sub-system team leaders.
- Ensure technical consistency with application engineering, product design, requirements management, safety, reliability, and V&V teams.
- Apply standard processes and contribute to continuous improvement efforts.
- Apply Procedures concerning Configuration, Documentation, and Change Control.
- Support the project team for technical discussions with the customer.
- Participate in internal technical meetings called by the PrEM or the Project Architect.
- Develop the system documents, including plans, specifications, and other technical documents. Develop interlocking cutover strategies which align with the project migration plan.
- Ensure that the system performance fulfills the defined needs and enhancements (change requests).
- Apply the system engineering process.
- Perform other related duties as assigned Engages in quality control process to ensure that systems are efficient and operational.
- Collaborates with senior management to assist with data-related issues including assisting dashboarding, analytics display, and reports.
- Assists IT Director to ensure compliance with the Agency’s process and procedures for the maintenance and retention of electronic public records.
- Manages Updates and Auto-Deployment, including ensuring the cybersecurity of the Agency’s technological infrastructure.
- Works closely with providers of the Agency’s website and VOIP phone system.
- Develops and maintains updated Standard Operating Procedures for the IT Department.
- Performs any, and all, other related and appropriate duties and supports strategic goals as required.
Bachelor's degree in computer science, statistics, informatics, information system, or an equivalent field. Master’s degree in computer science, statistics, informatics, information system, or an equivalent preferred. Minimum of three (3) years’ work experience supporting or maintaining computer systems, with work experience for a public agency, large employer or property management company preferred.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Demonstrated in-depth working knowledge of system integration design principles.
- Knowledge of Audio and Visual implementations.
- Demonstrated good interpersonal and communication skills both verbally and in writing, including informing, advising, instructing, and persuading.
- A strong team focus with outstanding organizational and interpersonal, management, communication, and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability in managing and developing applications in cloud environments.
- Demonstrated skill in Microsoft 365 and SharePoint administration.
Leadership: Provides direction to people and/or projects by clearly and effectively setting the course of action for the department, staff, and tasks; manages the planning, execution, and achievement of department goals by providing regular communication to staff and stakeholders.
Commitment: Sets high standards of performance; pursues aggressive goals and works hard/smart to achieve them; strives for results and successfully conveys a sense of urgency and brings issues to closure, and persists despite obstacles and opposition.
Customer Service: Meets/exceeds the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; identifies, understands monitors, and measures the needs of both internal and external customers; talks and acts with customers in mind; and recognizes working colleagues as customers.
Effective Communication: Ensures important information is passed to those who need to know; conveys the necessary information clearly and effectively orally or in writing; demonstrates attention to, and conveys an understanding of, the comments and questions of others; and listens effectively.
Continuous Improvement and Accountability: Demonstrates a high level of conscientiousness; holds oneself personally responsible for one's own work, and does a fair share of work.
Teamwork: Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts the success of the team above own interests; supports everyone's efforts to succeed; attends, supports, and participates in all team building exercises and events.
Adaptable/Flexible Skills: Ability to work additional hours if required and work with pressing deadlines and is task oriented. Proactively seeks work assignments when current assignments are completed—takes initiative.
Other: Must be insurable by JHA’s insurance and possess a valid driver’s license.
Position Reports to
Director of Information Technology
Interfaces with customers internally and externally.
We are an EOE & DFWP. The successful applicant will be required to pass a background check including but not limited to, employment history, criminal record, and driving record, and may be subject to a pre-employment drug screening.
Section 3, veteran, and Section 503 candidates are preferred.
This job description should not be interpreted as all-inclusive. It is intended to identify the major responsibilities and requirements of this job classification. All incumbents may not perform all the job duties listed, and some incumbents may perform some duties which are not listed, and incumbents may be requested to perform job-related responsibilities and tasks other than those stated in this description.
Jacksonville HAJacksonville, FL
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.