Jackson Supply Company is a leading wholesale distributor of HVAC equipment and supplies. We have locations throughout Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Tennessee, Oklahoma, and Texas. We are currently seeking to fill a Purchasing position at our Corporate Office located at 6655 Roxburgh Drive, Suite # 100, Houston, Texas 77041.
The Purchasing Agent is responsible for ordering stock inventory for all branch locations for his or her designated group of product lines. The Purchasing Agent is responsible for maintaining adequate stock levels and managing those levels to ensure an efficient flow of inventory while working within budget and department guidelines.
- Analyzing data to determine order quantity. This data includes the evaluation of product history and past sales, forecasts based on anticipated sales, communication with branch personnel, and product / industry knowledge.
- Issuing purchase orders directly to vendors
- Vendor negotiation including pricing and available purchasing programs
- Problem resolution including determining acceptable delivery lead time, alternative sourcing when necessary, working with vendors to resolve receiving discrepancies, etc.
- Implementing a proactive strategy to minimize loss associated with aged and obsolete material
- Working closely with vendors and store managers to maximize product sales potential by coordinating training sessions and maximizing the use of promotional materials
- Performing intercompany audits including cycle counts and physical inventories
- Inventory, procurement, or purchasing experience a plus
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel. Experience using Eclipse E-term a plus
- Must be analytical in order to make decisions and solve problems
- Must be able to multi-task while working in a fast paced environment
- Must be highly organized with excellent time management skills
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills
- Must have good interpersonal skills for maintaining professional working relationships with vendors as well as other company personnel
- Must be able to pass a drug screen
- Must be available for possible overtime
- Must be able to travel periodically
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Jackson Supply offers a competitive compensation package which includes medical, dental, and life insurance, paid time off, and a flexible work schedule.
Why Work Here?
Great company offering great opportunity!