Apical Resource Group, a division of Jackson Staffing Group, has been retained to fill a new and expanded role for a fast-growing Travel Management Company. Their clients are largely NGO’s, religious organizations and higher education institutions such as universities. Following a period of sustained growth, they are increasing the size of their Account Management team in order to be able to continue to support their customers with value-add services and solutions for their travel programs.
Their customers need help from the development of procurement strategies, travel policy, travel workflow and approval, travel risk and duty of care and maintaining compliance to funding body and funding rules...along with a dynamic and challenging day job.
Reporting to the Vice President, Account Management, this role is responsible for the development and management of a portfolio of accounts to achieve targets and help us provide innovative customer solutions to reduce their cost, improve their efficiency and support their growth.
You will build direct relationships and network with organizations to qualify, develop and convert organic account growth (Share of Wallet) to “Share of Wallet Opportunities.” This role is ideal for candidates who enjoy leading accounts through the development cycle to strategic partnership, have great communication skills, and are achievement oriented.
The Account Manager is responsible for maximizing and maintaining revenues with customer accounts assigned to them in the University/Academia realm, and ultimately ensuring the account is retained. This will be achieved through execution of strategic account plans, which will vary depending on the size and type of customer, along with mutual objectives including multi-level engagement.
A broad range of responsibilities will mean the Account Manager will be involved in a wide range of activities in the business as well as directly with customers. You will need to work with multiple stakeholders within in the business, including Operations, Sales, Marketing, Implementation, IT and Finance units.
✓ Develop, agree and execute effective strategies for each account based on mutual objectives of both the customer and our client.
✓ Maximize & maintain all revenue opportunities for customers assigned to you.
✓ Build and deliver account plans for customers within your portfolio that supports strong service delivery & satisfied customers, ultimately ensuring the account is retained.
✓ Accompanying account plans for retention, customer spend growth (Share of Wallet - SOW) is equally important and will be measured upon.
✓ Work autonomously developing organic SOW growth by networking with procurement managers, departments and extensive account focus activity on (SOW).
✓ Produce accurate projections within your pipeline to meet targets and agreed budgets.
✓ Complete regular review meetings with customers.
✓ Provide desk-based account management to smaller customers using phone, email and electronic marketing tactics.
✓ Support the VP and Director(s) of Account Management with larger customers; departmental reviews, meet and greet, customer training, Q&A sessions and department level reviews.
✓ Support the Sales Team and wider management team when strategizing and presenting to prospective new customers.
✓ Support the Implementation Team with the onboarding of new customers that are assigned to you for account management.
✓ Review customer policies and processes; consult and develop efficiencies, gains and cost savings opportunities
✓ Support customers travel programs by reviewing financial dashboards with them and explaining results.
✓ Train customers to efficiently use our client’s online tools and services to support their overall travel program, travel budget and traveler security program.
✓ Work proactively with Operations and Sales in a cohesive and synergetic way to ensure customers feedback is communicated to teams, analyzed and solutions delivered.
✓ Work with the Marketing Team to create and deliver mass and targeted communications to customers.
✓ Work with IT, Finance and other ‘shared services’ stakeholders to ensure our solutions work effectively – i.e. online systems, statements.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• College degree or similar.
Minimum of 3 years of Account Management experience
• Proven record of success in either a business development or account management capacity based on a solid understanding of customer portfolio and requirements.
• Ability to work with customers consultatively and collaboratively.
• Be knowledgeable of customers travel patterns and behaviors; assess their travel requirements and consult on how to improve their programs.
• Ability to grasp academia culture and use to nurture customer relationships.
• Ability to embrace and display to customers, our client’s culture and values: impact, compassion, simplicity.
• Able to articulate the value proposition through one on one review meetings and presentations to multiple people, including executive level stakeholders.
• Use data and insights to report customer feedback, activity and trends to internal senior management.
• Excellent written skills.
• Good financial knowledge.
• High level of computer literacy, including Power Point, Word & Excel.
• Experience in Travel Management Company and/or non-profit market would be advantageous.
• Experience of using Salesforce or another CRM.
• Strong financial analysis capabilities.
• Great networker, with strong communication skills.
• Confident and persuasive.
• A self-starter, driven to succeed.
• Willing and able to work a flexible schedule that will include some travel with overnight stays.
• Positive approach to work with a solution-oriented attitude.
• Highly adaptable, able to work on multiple projects at once.
• Exceptional level of grammatical English and strong communication skills.
• Ability to work to tight deadlines while maintaining high standards of communication.
• Receptive to all training given for personal development.
• Pro-active thinker; constantly strive to improve processes.