Experienced Tax Preparer up to $20 an hour plus bonus
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
- Day shift
- Night shift
- Full-time or Part-time
- Looking to learn a new career and break into the tax industry?
- Someone who has gaps in their work history or is looking to boost their skills and resume?
- Someone who has been out of the workforce over the last year while at home with family?
- New to the workforce or with limited experience/education, but a willingness to learn?
- Retired and want to continue to make an impact?
- Someone without a college diploma? No problem!
- A Veteran or military personnel transitioning from the service?
- Part of a military family that moves often with deployments?
- A recent college graduate or current college student?
- A stay-at-home parent who needs a flexible work schedule?
- A gig worker or looking to add a second income?
- Bilingual? Bilingual candidates are highly encouraged to apply!
- Conduct face-to-face tax interviews with clients.
- Generate business growth, increase client retention, and offer additional products and services.
- Answer client calls via our national call center routing system.
- Answer tax related questions and provide future tax planning to clients in a timely fashion.
- Collection and processing of clients’ payments while ensuring timely deposits.
- Marketing and business generation efforts.
- Support office priorities through teamwork and collaboration.
- Mentor and support teammates, providing guidance and in some cases acting as a lead.
- This position has access to and regularly works with information of a sensitive, highly confidential nature which requires a working knowledge of the business.
- 2+ seasons of previous tax experience
- Experience completing individual, trust, &/or partnership tax returns
- Passion for providing extraordinary customer service
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Successful completion of the Jackson Hewitt Tax Knowledge Assessment
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field preferred
- Field Instructor, Remote Support, or Call Center certification a plus
- Tax planning and audit support experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field a plus
- CPA or Enrolled Agent license is a bonus
- PTIN Certification: Yes
By submitting this form, I hereby acknowledge that most Jackson Hewitt locations are operated by independent franchisees and not Jackson Hewitt or its affiliates. I further acknowledge that franchisees are independent employers and separate companies and employers from Jackson Hewitt Inc., and set their own employment policies and practices. Franchisees are the exclusive employer of their employees and as such are solely responsible for all employment-related matters and decisions in their locations. Specifically, with regard to employees of franchisees, such franchisees, and not Jackson Hewitt, will have exclusive control over all employment-related decisions, including decisions concerning hiring, firing, wages, conditions of employment, discipline, staffing, or any other day-to-day employment issue. Jackson Hewitt Inc. will have no obligation or right to control any franchise employment issue relating to employees of a Jackson Hewitt franchisee. By applying for a job at a franchise-operated location, I understand that the information I provide will be forwarded to the franchisee in order for that organization to reach out to me and process and evaluate my application. I acknowledge that Jackson Hewitt will not receive a copy of my employment application and will have no involvement in any employment decisions regarding me, including whether I receive an interview or whether I am hired to work for the franchisee. I understand that I need to contact the relevant franchisee for information about its privacy practices. Any communications opt-out that I submit in any franchisee’s job application process is specific to that franchisee and will not be communicated to any other entity.
Jackson Hewitt - 3495
AddressVillage of Williamsburg, VA
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Jackson Hewitt - 3495