Entry Level Tax Preparer
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
At Jackson Hewitt, we provide an invaluable service in guiding our clients through the tax codes, rules, and processes. We do this with integrity, quality, and consistency. This is something that the vast majority of taxpayers don’t receive from DIY or other assisted providers. We take pride in that. The role you play is critical to our success and together we are “Working Hard for the Hardest Working Americans”. This is our mission and it’s a large part of why we work here. Together we are highly passionate about what we do, and how we can help our clients.
Doing taxes is much more than filling in some forms. For most Americans, their tax return is the biggest single financial event of the year, and it can be quite an emotional experience. That’s where you come in! We are here to ease their stress and provide expert customer service and tax knowledge.
Flexible Schedules Available:
- Day shift
- Night shift
- Full-time or Part-time
- Looking to learn a new career and break into the tax industry?
- Someone who has gaps in their work history or is looking to boost their skills and resume?
- Someone who has been out of the workforce over the last year while at home with family?
- New to the workforce or with limited experience/education, but a willingness to learn?
- Retired and want to continue to make an impact?
- Someone without a college diploma? No problem!
- A Veteran or military personnel transitioning from the service?
- Part of a military family that moves often with deployments?
- A recent college graduate or current college student?
- A stay-at-home parent who needs a flexible work schedule?
- A gig worker or looking to add a second income?
- Bilingual? Bilingual candidates are highly encouraged to apply!
What you’ll do here:
As a Seasonal Entry Level Tax Preparer, you will be responsible for providing guidance, explaining, preparing, and completing accurate tax-related forms for clients, including multiyear, multistate, year-end tax forms and providing clients with IRS audit support. Complete E-filing, provide printed copies of returns for clients to review, signing and e-file these forms to IRS and state agencies.
- Conduct face-to-face tax interviews with clients.
- Prepare complete and accurate tax returns.
- Generate business growth, increase client retention, and offer additional products and services.
- Provide clients with IRS audit support.
- Complete all related tax forms in accordance with policies, and in compliance with legislation and regulations.
- Collection and processing of clients’ payments while ensuring timely deposits.
- Marketing and business generation efforts.
- Furnishes taxpayers with sufficient information and advice to ensure correct tax form completion.
- Answer client calls via our national call center routing system.
- Answer questions and provide future tax planning to clients.
- Resolve client complaints or refer situations to the supervisor (as appropriate) for resolution.
- Support office priorities through teamwork and collaboration.
Skills you’ll bring for success:
- Passion for providing extraordinary customer service.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment.
- Basic knowledge of computer functions and math.
- Sales and/or marketing experience.
- Experience in accounting, finance, retail, bookkeeping, or tax preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field a plus!
- PTIN Certification: Yes
By submitting this form, I hereby acknowledge that most Jackson Hewitt locations are operated by independent franchisees and not Jackson Hewitt or its affiliates. I further acknowledge that franchisees are independent employers and separate companies and employers from Jackson Hewitt Inc., and set their own employment policies and practices. Franchisees are the exclusive employer of their employees and as such are solely responsible for all employment-related matters and decisions in their locations. Specifically, with regard to employees of franchisees, such franchisees, and not Jackson Hewitt, will have exclusive control over all employment-related decisions, including decisions concerning hiring, firing, wages, conditions of employment, discipline, staffing, or any other day-to-day employment issue. Jackson Hewitt Inc. will have no obligation or right to control any franchise employment issue relating to employees of a Jackson Hewitt franchisee. By applying for a job at a franchise-operated location, I understand that the information I provide will be forwarded to the franchisee in order for that organization to reach out to me and process and evaluate my application. I acknowledge that Jackson Hewitt will not receive a copy of my employment application and will have no involvement in any employment decisions regarding me, including whether I receive an interview or whether I am hired to work for the franchisee. I understand that I need to contact the relevant franchisee for information about its privacy practices. Any communications opt-out that I submit in any franchisee’s job application process is specific to that franchisee and will not be communicated to any other entity.
Jackson Hewitt - 2778
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Jackson Hewitt - 2778