Are you ready to catapult your career to the next level with an award-winning Company? Is it important to you to be a part of a corporate culture that values putting others first and provides endless amounts of benefits that will help you reach your career and personal goals? At Jackson & Coker we provide all the above and more! Each year, Jackson & Coker helps thousands of physicians and advanced practitioners find their dream jobs. We want to help you find your dream career, too. Join us to be part of providing healthcare in the communities that need it most.
Responsible for the daily management of the workflow within the Privileging, Verification and Licensing (PVL) Department. Work with PVL Vice President and Leadership on planning, development, and implementation of strategies to projects. Runs metric reports and updates databases as data is received. Promotes the Company’s values and professional image. Manages assigned associates and keeps management informed of activities and significant problems.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
- Assumes responsibility for the effective performance of all related PVL Department functions.
- Manage and monitor workloads for direct reports
- Able to maintain and process workload of at least 15 bookings in a 40 hour work week.
- Responsible for 1 to 3 direct reports
- Monitor performance of direct reports and conduct monthly individual meetings
- Oversee associate attendance/timestamps regarding PTO and overtime
- Maintain and distribute departmental spreadsheets to update management on progress and status of bookings
- Provide continual evaluation of processes and procedures and update the team on any changes
- Available to associates who experience challenges by providing appropriate coaching, direction and resolution
- Respond to associate relation issues and use appropriate judgement in communication to management
- Assist the PVL Vice President and Leadership with the daily operations of the department to include development, analysis, and implementation of processes
- Work as a member/leader of special or ongoing projects that are important to foster improvement
- Ability to establish and maintain effective internal and external relationships as an effective, contributing team leader
- Train and mentor new/current associates
- Assumes responsibility for establishing and maintaining good business relationships with customers and outside contacts.
- Ensures that customer needs are satisfied and that they are informed of their credentialing and privileging process.
- Resolves customer requests, complaints, and problems.
- Promotes goodwill and conveys a positive image of the Company.
- Assumes responsibility for establishing and maintaining effective communication or coordination with area sales staff and with management.
- Assists area staff as required.
- Keeps management informed of area activities, significant problems, and any changes requested of them.
- Assumes responsibility for related duties as required or assigned.
- Assumes leadership role in the department when the Vice President is unavailable.
- Performs miscellaneous projects as assigned.
- Maintains a good understanding of credentialing/privileging information.
Bachelor’s Degree in business administration/management preferred.
Knowledge of NCQA and/or The Joint Commission credentialing standards preferred
5 years of credentialing experince required
Previous management experience preferred
Privileging/enrollment experience required
Microsoft office (word, excel, outlook and PowerPoint)
Good interpersonal and public relations skills.
Excellent verbal and written communications skills
Excellent organizational and time management skills.
Able to work well independently (self-motivated) and in a team environment
Ability to work comfortably in a fast-paced environment.
Good computer skills and accurate typing abilities.
Our corporate headquarters is equipped with a state-of-the-art gym including exercise classes and a personal training staff, several onsite restaurants that are 25% off for associates, Starbucks, miniature golf course, game room, nail salon, dry cleaning and care wash service, pool and full locker rooms with a sauna and steam room . Associates love the free onsite clinic where they as well as their families can be seen by a Physician or a Nurse Practitioner for free and receive free prescriptions. The newest addition is the daycare facility which will be open fall of 2019. All associates are eligible for an array of benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance to name a few. We also have a company sponsored 401K plan with company matching funds.
Jackson Healthcare and its family of companies is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.