Senior Cloud Developer (US Remote)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Jackrabbit Technologies is the leading provider of software and services that help youth activity centers -- gymnastics, dance, cheer, swim, music, childcare, and others -- grow and operate efficiently. We are an entrepreneurial-minded, rapidly-growing SaaS company that has been recognized as one of the Best Places to Work in North Carolina and one of North Carolina’s Top Industry-Driven Technology Companies. Jackrabbit Technologies’ SaaS solutions power nearly 7000 clients in 35 countries around the world.
Our culture empowers YOU.
We hire people passionate about what they do, provide them with the tools to succeed, and then get out of their way! Living our vision, mission, and values, our people are what make Jackrabbit Technologies an awesome place to work. And that “awesome place” is virtual--all of our employees enjoy the privilege of working remotely. We always have and always will. So, you must have reliable high speed internet access. We are interested in speaking to qualified candidates who are eligible to work in the U.S. We are not able to sponsor visas.
What you'll do.
As a Senior Application Developer at Jackrabbit Technologies, you will join a smart, hard-working team responsible for delivering a comprehensive payments platform based on a 3rd party API servicing our main product lines. You will work with external developers to build the payment platform and ensure it meets our product needs. Your strong C# and cloud development experience will facilitate future enhancements to the platform. Applying your architecture, design pattern, and OOD knowledge, your code will strike the right balance between performance, usability, maintainability, and security. In addition, you will:
- Collaborate with Product and UI/UX teams to innovate and refine enhancement designs.
- Code and unit test assigned enhancements and fixes.
- Correct bugs found in integration, regression, and QA testing.
- Ensure responsive handling of all escalated Support requests.
- Adhere to coding, change management, source control, and DevOps standards.
- Collaborate with other Product and Engineering team members to maximize Sprint success.
- Rapidly gain a working understanding of our codebase, architecture, development stack, and infrastructure.
- Contribute to best practices in our Engineering workflow, including design patterns, coding standards, security, automated testing, pair programming, code reviews, debugging, and DevOps.
- Contribute to the conversation with internal and external users around product features, needs, usage/how to, and user experience.
- Mentor developers through paired development and code reviews.
What you’re about.
You are passionate about building great application software, and you believe applications should be intuitive and easy-to-use. You aren’t afraid to speak out to make things better. In addition, you have:
- 5+ years experience developing business applications in the .NET Framework.
- You have worked on varying sized projects and sites.
- You feel comfortable and confident building multi-tenant cloud based systems.
- You are very comfortable integrating with 3rd party APIs, webhooks, and external data sources
- You are very comfortable with .NET Framework and .NET Core
- 3+ years experience with cloud development
- You have experience with Azure Cloud Services (Queues, Tables, Files)
- You have experience with utilizing queues to manage large volumes of tasks
- You have experience in implementing automated tasks
- You are comfortable managing cloud resources
- 3+ years experience with electronic payment processing
- Experience with Adyen or Stripe a plus
- Familiar with common credit card and ACH processing scenarios
- Experience with PCI security requirements
- Familiar with common failure scenarios, declines, returns, etc.
- 2+ years experience with Microsoft SQL Server or similar.
- You have implemented front end code and can follow guidelines and are willing to learn
- A plus - You have worked with or have experience with React (Class or Functional components)
- Experience working in Agile Scrum sprints using a tool such as Azure DevOps (VSTS), GitHub, or Jira.
- Experience with a source control tool such as Git
- Ability to effectively communicate with stakeholders, clients, and partners.
- 4-year STEM degree, or equivalent work experience.
- Excellent English communication skills (verbal, written).
- Ability to multitask, balance multiple priorities, and perform well under pressure.
What you will love about us.
- Our Culture! Read what our employees say about working at Jackrabbit on Glassdoor.
- We work remotely. We always have - we always will!
- Our Health and Wellness Benefits. Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts.
- We help you with the unexpected. Company-Paid Disability and Life Insurance. Opportunity to elect Critical Illness and Accident Insurance. Plus confidential access to legal and life counseling available 24/7.
- Your future looks bright at Jackrabbit. 401(k) with a generous company match, access to financial planning.
- We pay you to play, rest, recharge and balance your life. Paid Time Off, Paid Parental and Sabbatical leaves.
- You will grow your skills with us .Annual allowance for professional development.
- We give back. Paid Time to volunteer in your community.
Jackrabbit Technologies is an equal opportunity employer.
TechnologyView all jobs at Jackrabbit Technologies