In-Center Part-Time Teacher/Tutor at Sylvan Learning of Gilbert & Queen Creek
Jaci Gilbert, AZ
- Posted: over a month ago
- $14 to $18 Hourly
Why did you first decide to become a Teacher? At Sylvan, we remember why.
As an Instructor at Sylvan, your primary responsibility is to teach! No Lesson Plans. No Preparation.
You will be trained in Sylvan curriculum and given the tools to teach in our small group setting.
If you aspire to inspire, then we want you on our team!
Our teachers have the flexibility of working just 4 hours/week and up! Some will work one to two shifts a week while others consistently Monday-Saturday for 4-5 hours each day. This is a perfect supplement for a classroom teacher or stay at home parent looking for very part-time work outside of the house.
JOB TITLE: Sylvan Teacher
REPORTS TO: Director
The Sylvan Teacher is responsible for creating a positive personal learning experience for students by teaching students using Sylvan program materials. Using the program materials, the teacher creates balanced and robust learning experiences for students. The Sylvan Teacher evaluates student progress on each assignment, communicates this progress, and works with Center staff to ensure learning is personal for each student.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Prepares for each instructional session; Gathers and prepares manipulatives and materials as appropriate
- Greets students and initiates instruction to personally engage each student
- Instructs students according to the design of the Sylvan programs
- Manages students, tasks and time to create a balanced and robust instructional session
- Evaluates and records the progress of each student on their program assignment
- Uses praise and encouragement to ensure students are engaged and inspired to learn
- Motivates students with Sylvan tokens given for specific achievements according to the Sylvan instructional management standards
- Records and tracks tokens earned by students
- Manages the conclusion of each instructional session and manages the completion of learning log and transition activities; Supports procedures to ensure student safety and well-being
- Communicates specific student needs to Center staff
- Attends periodic staff meetings and completes ongoing training as needed
- Completes certification training on each Sylvan program taught to students
- Language Arts and Study Skills Program Teachers: o Four year degree or equivalent required o State or provincial teaching credentials (current or expired) o Minimum of one or two years of teaching experience preferred
o Knowledge of phonics and reading comprehension preferred for reading teachers.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Proven ability to engage, motivate, and inspire students to learn
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks and be flexible
- Strong problem solving and customer service skills
- Strong team player
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be a complete list of all job responsibilities or skills, knowledge and abilities required.
We have a need most urgently for teachers Monday and Wednesday during after-school hours and/or Saturday mornings.
Sylvan Learning of Gilbert provided the following inclusive hiring information:
We are an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants equally without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability status.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $14.00 - $18.00 per hour
EducationView all jobs at Jaci