Lead and direct all aspects of construction operations and estimating, Primary responsibility is to ensure effective execution of company operational performance and growth strategy. Competency requirements include business acumen, customer focus, developing direct reports, drive for results, strategic agility and building effective teams. The preferred candidate can lead and motivate within a safe team environment. Must have Civil Construction background.
- Promote a safe working culture for all employees; Working with safety and field personnel to minimize risk and increase safety for employees, at all times.
- Manage construction operations teams to achieve safety, performance, and financial success.
- Oversee construction operations through the administrative direction of the Project and Construction Managers to ensure projects are built safely, on schedule and within budget.
- Ensure that all crews have the tools and training to operate safely at all times and that all federal, state and local laws concerning safety, environment and other applicable areas are adhered to.
- Drive operational performance and improvements to meet or exceed company and divisional goals.
- Provide leadership and direction to ensure efficiency, quality, service, and cost-effective management of resources.
- Lead team in personal performance management, construction operational improvements, training and development, succession planning, and effective recruiting and hiring
- Work with Company President to establish long-range goals, strategies, plans, and policies.
- Provide leadership and direction in sales and marketing efforts resulting in maximum product sales, meeting or exceeding customer expectations, and driving maximum profitability.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's Degree in Construction Management, Engineering, Business Administration, or other related discipline and/or equivalent combination of knowledge, skills and abilities.
- 8+ years of increasing responsibilities within highway construction management or similar duties within the industry. DOT highway experience is required
- Experience in managing and directing large teams/employees running highway projects from beginning to end; estimating, highway operations, managing sub-contractors, etc.
- Preferred knowledge in HCSS estimation software and ComputerEase accounting systems.
- Experience in strategic planning and execution.
- Experience creating, working within and/or administering an assigned budget.
- High standard of ethics, integrity, and trust.
- Strong work ethic and high standards for safety in the workplace.
- Proven ability to develop relationships and to work with teams as both a leader and a participant.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills; building rapport, listening, presenting, giving and receiving feedback.
- Knowledge and understanding of functional areas within the company.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Project management skills.
- High ethical and professional standards.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and exemplary oral/written communication skills.
- Strategic visionary with sound technical skills, analytical ability, good judgment and strong operational focus.
- Energetic, forward-thinking and creative individual with high ethical standards and ability to present themselves professionally.
- Ability to analyze and interpret financial data.
- Moderate travel required; must be willing to work in or travel to other locations as needed.
- Must be available as needed during non-traditional work hours.
- Must be able to work independently and with groups.
- Must be able to work under time constraints as needed.
- Ability to communicate with civic leaders and local, state, and national policy makers.
- Able to stand, walk, use hands and fingers to manipulate objects, talk and hear.
- Vision abilities (with correction) include close, distance, peripheral, depth, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The employee is frequently required to sit, and use hands.
- The employee is frequently required to stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Able to safely drive a vehicle for long periods of time.
We offer a cooperative work environment that promotes team success through the collective talents of all of our employees. Join a growing team where your opinion, technical expertise and efforts matter.
JWright Companies, Inc.
Why Work Here?We are a dynamic organization that believes in rewarding strong performance. The candidate shall have the opportunity to grow as far as his/her abilities take them. There is tremendous upward potential for a candidate that has ambition and passion to succeed. We offer a cooperative work environment that promotes team success through the collective talents of all of our employees. Join a growing team where your opinion, technical expertise and efforts matter.