- $121,124 to $140,467 Yearly
JWCH, Wesley Health Centers is offering relocation assistance and reimbursements for a qualified candidate. Apply to inquire about the details.
Under the direction of the physician team leader, the Optometrist is responsible for vision and eye care management of assigned caseloads of patients. The Optometrist will collaborate with the Chief Medical Officer and Director of Optometry and render comprehensive optometric care to patients of Wesley Health Centers as described in the established protocols.
- Perform all routine vision and ocular examinations in order to provide appropriate corrective lenses and/or medical eye care.
- Prescribes necessary correction alternatives such as contact lenses, low vision devices, vision therapy.
- Uses tests and procedures to detect and appropriately manage disorders such as nearsightedness, farsightedness, and diseases such as glaucoma, cataracts, and macular degeneration.
- Orders labs, testing and imaging for the diagnosis of ocular and systemic-related ocular diseases or conditions.
- Diagnose, treat and manage ocular diseases or conditions and refers to appropriate specialists as needed.
- Perform minor surgical procedures as permitted by State Law.
- Evaluate patients through ocular examination for the presence of diseases such as diabetes and hypertension and refer patients to other healthcare providers as needed.
- Consults training or assists in training of optometry students, medical students, interns, residents, nurse practitioners, and other related health professionals.
- Coordinates medical care of assigned patients.
- Consults with other staff physicians and para-medical personnel regarding medical management of patients and quality of medical and diagnostic work performed.
- Confers with the Director of Optometry on management issues.
- Confers on the planning and direction of the primary care team as it relates to the physician’s specialty.
- Promotes eye and general health by counseling patients.
- Participates in medical and services utilization audits, peer review and quality assurance activities.
- Participate in JWCH’s customer service training called AIDET on an annual basis.
- Demonstrate an understanding of AIDET (Acknowledge, Introduce, Duration, Explanation, and Thank You) to apply in patient encounters or team discussions.
- Utilize the AIDET communication framework to communicate with patients and team members in a manner that reduces patient anxiety, increases patient compliance, and improves clinical outcomes.
- Current California Optometric License.
- Current DEA Certificate.
- Current CPR Certification from American Heart Association or American Red Cross
- Must possess a valid California driver’s license and ability to travel from site to site as needed.
- Experience in working with clients and staff from diverse socio-economic, ethnic, and cultural background.
- OD degree from an accredited School of Optometry.
- Must have a Nat'l Provider Identifier (NPI), or obtain an NPI, prior to employment start date
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus.
*All JWCH, Wesley Health Centers workforce members must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Successful candidates for this position will be required to submit proof of vaccination against COVID-19 or request an exemption for qualifying medical or religious reasons during the onboarding process. Candidates should not present proof of vaccination until instructed to do so by the hiring department.
JWCH Institute, Inc., offers competitive salaries for all positions. Employees working 30 hours per week or more are provided a monthly allowance which can be used towards medical, dental, vision, and life insurance premiums. The agency offers sick leave and vacation accrual, 13 paid holidays, jury duty pay, mileage reimbursement, employee parking, direct deposit, credit union, and an employee assistance program. In addition JWCH offers a 401(k) Profit Sharing plan to employees who work a minimum of 1,000 hours per fiscal year.
Wesley Health Centers, JWCH Institute is an equal opportunity employer.
JWCH InstituteLancaster, CA
How can the hiring manager reach you?
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.