LVN Adult Day Care
JWCH Institute Lancaster, CA
- Posted: over a month ago
Position Description: Within the regulatory scope of practice and under the direction of a Registered Nurse, the LVN assists in the provision of direct patient care by performing routine patient care procedures, technical and supportive functions in the clinical setting.
- Performs routine patient care functions as prescribed by established policies and procedures within defined scope of education, training, and responsibilities.
- Assist the registered nurse so that the individual plan of care developed by the multidisciplinary team is accomplished and effectively carried out.
- Document all skilled nursing care provided on the day the service is given and include flow sheets and progress notes in each participant record.
- Maintenance of the participant's health record, records of medication and treatments, and progress nursing notes when a participant's condition requires a more frequent note indicating participant's progress toward achieving health goals.
- Assist in establishing a provision for emergency care including transportation. Administer medications or monitor self-administration of medication by the participants and documenting the administration of the medications under RN supervision.
- Notify RN of any marked change in the participant's condition. Perform duties and responsibilities in accordance with company established policy, rules and regulations.
- Monitors and oversees patient care to ensure that care plans and physician’s orders are being followed.
- Accurately administers, charts, and records medication, treatments, vital signs, and behavior (some medications require injections)
- Provide comfort and care while following all safety precautions, including use of necessary devices or equipment.
- Train staff to ensure work is being performed in accordance standards of care and practice
- Assist with Adult Daily living needs if needed such as bathing, eating, dressing, etc
- Additional duties include but not limited to, cleaning facility, preparing meals, taking clients on outings, participating in client activities, and any additional duties assigned by the Administrator
- Current BLS card from the American Heart Association,
- At least one-year experience in an ambulatory care setting,
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing,
- Experience in working with clients and staff from diverse socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds,
- Current and valid California Driver’s License with current car insurance.
- Current and valid California LVN License,
- Bilingual preferred (English/Spanish)
Employee Benefits: JWCH Institute, Inc., offers competitive salaries for all positions. Employees working 30 hours per week or more are provided a monthly allowance which can be used towards medical, dental, vision, and life insurance premiums. The agency offers sick leave and vacation accrual, 11 paid holidays, jury duty pay, mileage reimbursement, employee parking, direct deposit, credit union, and an employee assistance program. In addition JWCH offers a 401(k) Profit Sharing plan to employees who work a minimum of 1,000 hours per fiscal year.
Wesley Health Centers, JWCH Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer
HealthcareView all jobs at JWCH Institute