Front Office Clerk
- Posted: over a month ago
Under the direction of the Clinic Administrator, the Front Office Clerk is responsible for financial screening of all clients for state certification of eligibility, reception area duties, responding to client questions and providing directions to clients, as assigned.
- Schedule appointments on the phone or in person.
- Screen all clinic patients/clients for eligibility.
- Review medical charts for eligibility or re-certification.
- Ensure that all patients have clinic ID card, HAP or Medi-Cal card and have signed a current General Consent Form.
- Log patient names on daily register and disposition on log sheet.
- Complete designated information on various forms such as Encounter, Certification Information and Sterilization Billing Reports in accord with requirements.
- Ensure patient clinic/cards are stamped on all the appropriate sheets/forms.
- Ensure that Medi-Cal card is photo copied and attaches receipt to Encounter Form.
- Clear charts and file forms, as appropriate.
- Responsible for contacting the Medical Records Department and/or pull and file charts as necessary.
- Assist other clerical staff in clearing charts and answering phones for clinic.
- Fill out Chart Request List for obtaining records from Medical Records, as assigned.
- Perform clerical duties as needed.
- Register clients electronically using e-healthcare System.
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
- One year’s experience working in a general office environment or medical facility.
- Knowledge of general office procedures.
- Knowledge of Eligibility Screening and LA County information system.
- Typing skills at 35 words/minute.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Experience in working with clients and staff from diverse socio-economic, ethnic, and cultural backgrounds.
*JWCH requires employees to be vaccinated with exceptions only as required by law (i.e. medical or religion).
Employee Benefits: JWCH Institute, Inc., offers competitive salaries for all positions. Employees working 30 hours per week or more are provided a monthly allowance which can be used towards medical, dental, vision, and life insurance premiums. The agency offers sick leave and vacation accrual, 11 paid holidays, jury duty pay, mileage reimbursement, employee parking, direct deposit, credit union, and an employee assistance program. In addition JWCH offers a 401(k) Profit Sharing plan to employees who work a minimum of 1,000 hours per fiscal year.
Wesley Health Care Centers is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
AddressLos Angeles, CA
BusinessView all jobs at JWCH Institute