Construction Financial Controller
- Posted: over a month ago
- $65,000 to $85,000 Yearly
- Benefits: medical, 401k, dental,
Controller Job Description
We are a high-end, rapidly growing asphalt maintenance and paving company in Marietta, Georgia looking for a motivated, reliable, full-time Financial Controller with a strong sense of GAAP, and familiar with commercial construction projects. The Surface Masters prides itself on quality performance and is looking for a team member with a positive, can-do attitude with superior work ethic.
General Description of Position:
The ideal candidate will have prior experience in the contracting industry, have highly developed organizational skills, a superior command of written English, and be deadline/detail oriented. Controller will perform general accounting practices including accurately and timely reporting of the company’s financial performance on a weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual basis. Controller will work with team (owner, project managers, account managers) as well as independently in the following areas: Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable/Collections (including knowledge of AIA billing), Cash Receipts, preparing monthly reconciliation of bank account and AMEX account, asset reporting, and closing entries and other reporting functions; quarter and year end procedures.
Job Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Post all AP and AR transactions including AIA billing
- Set up and maintain vendors/subcontractors in system and keep up to date W9 and COI; prepare year-end 1099s
- Prepare for any annual WMC/Gen Liab. insurance audits
- Purchase Order reconciliation for inventory
- Manage Chart of Accounts as well as job cost categories and job expense allocations
- Coordinate monthly, quarterly, and year-end financial statements including Balance Sheet, Cash Flow, Income Statements
- Support Office Manager in the development and execution of projects as needed
Qualified Candidates must have the following skills_: _
- B.S. in Accounting or Finance preferred
- 5+ years total experience in progressive roles including construction accounting experience - 2+ years public accounting is a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs
- Courteous and Professional in maintaining relationships with clients/vendors
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong technical and analytical skills
- ProContractor by Viewpoint software experience is a plus
JW Meier Capital Group IncWhy Work Here?
Fantastic culture, competitive pay, great benefits!
Rapidly growing asphalt maintenance/paving company.
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at JW Meier Capital Group Inc