We are seeking a Telecommunications Voice Specialist to become an integral part of our team! You will assist in design and configure data communication systems as well as identify areas of improvement to increase efficiency. Plans, designs and implements local and/or remote voice communications hardware, software and procedures. Maintains technical expertise in identifying, evaluating, selecting or developing voice and/or video systems. Oversees voice network configurations. Prepares or ensures that appropriate network documentation exists, including operational instructions. Provides regular monitoring and voice network analysis regarding short- and long-range planning for in-house systems. May design networks or portions of networks that include selection of hardware and software packages. This position will assist in day-to-day operations and maintenance of an Enterprise Cisco Unified Call Manager system. Person may be required to work off-hours for system upgrades and maintenance. The position will assist in evaluating Telecommunications security mechanisms, hardware, and processes against policy, participating with information technology professionals in the actual engineering, design, and hands-on implementation.
- Installation and maintenance of communication systems
- Adjust voice and video configurations to minimize communication disruptions
- Provide training and support to telecommunications personnel
- Investigate customer issues and design appropriate solutions
- This position will assist in day-to-day operations and maintenance of an Enterprise Telecommunications system.
- The position will assist in evaluating Telecommunications security mechanisms, hardware, and processes against policy, participating with information technology professionals in the actual engineering, design, and hands-on implementation.
- Previous experience in telecommunications, electrical engineering, or other related fields
- Familiarity with telecommunications equipment
- Manage building infrastructure cable requirements based upon personnel density.
- Assist as necessary, in the creation or updating of Standard Operating Instructions (SOI)
- Application vulnerability remediation.
- Evaluate application release levels and recommend upgrade path.
- Coordinate and deploy Voice over IP endpoints.
- Telecommunications Move, Add, Change (MAC) Coordination. Basic station configuration, frame jumper connection, site surveys, and update cable records.
- Telecommunications Basic Switch Maintenance. Check alarms, remove and replace defective equipment, endpoint troubleshooting. Maintain limited advanced replacement stock. Provide Tier 1 level endpoint break/fix.
- Knowledge of 9-1-1 and E9-1-1 regulations, private switch agreements and multi-line telephone system implementation and recurring maintenance.
- Working knowledge of carrier telecommunications technologies (e.g. PRI, BRI, ISDN, SIP and VoIP, etc.).
- Demonstrated experience in Crash phone regulations, system implementation and recurring maintenance.
- Knowledge and experience of Cisco voice telecommunication systems
- Proficient with Word, PowerPoint and other MS applications.
- Familiar with Configuration Management concepts.
- Knowledge of Remedy or ITSM support.
- Experience with structured cabling standards.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills