JVT Advisors Burlington, MA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
JOB SUMMARY: Desktop Support tech is responsible for providing technical support to end-users in configuration, installation of software and deployment of desktops and laptops. Troubleshoots repairs and debugs complex desktop/laptop hardware, printers and software problems.
JOB ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Install and configure operating systems and applications, provide quality assurance to ensure correct operation of products.
- Install and troubleshoot problems with various common software applications using established procedures
- Perform hardware component upgrades and replacements
- Troubleshoot Internet browser issues, synchronization issues, remote access via VPN client software, RSA Security Token, wireless (Cellular broadband and WIFI), and Outlook issues
- Troubleshoot problems with networked desktops, laptops, smartphones and printers
- Manage Desktop Support Incident/Task assignments in system of record
- Provide mentoring and technical guidance to junior team members.
- Collaborate, coordinate, and communicate across disciplines and departments, specifically with other technical disciplines within IT such as Network, Telecomm, and Server teams to implement cross-functional solutions.
JOB REQUIREMENTS (Education, Experience, and Training):
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Minimum High School Diploma/ G.E.D.
- Minimum 3 years IT experience
- Knowledge of PC and network troubleshooting.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and installation procedures. Microsoft certifications a plus.
- Communication (written, verbal and listening), planning, organizing, analytical, problem-solving, time-management skills and customer service skills
- Ability to assess ramification of issues and prioritize tasks based on business impact.
- Ability to interact with all levels of the organization
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment
- Ability to understand client/server interactions as it applies to applications
- Ability to use software, hardware and peripherals related to job responsibilities.
- Ability to work off hours to support business needs, less than once a month
JVT specializes in the recruitment and placement of talent for both contract and direct-hire talent-hiring needs. Our team of experienced recruiters specializes in filling roles across Information Technology, Human Resources, Finance & Accounting as well as Learning and Development.
JVT AdvisorsWhy Work Here?
Great benefits, Full-time role
JVT Advisors is a trusted technology consulting and staffing firm with expertise in multiple areas of technology including Enterprise CRM management projects, Infrastructure projects, Scientific and Engineering implementation. With more than 20 years of experience in assisting major clients within the Massachusetts and New England region, successfully placing the right people in the right jobs. We don’t just throw candidates at open positions and hope for a match. We make it our business to know our fields, understand what our clients are looking for, and take the time to prep our candidates for success. JVT specializes in the recruitment and placement of talent for both contract and direct-hire talent-hiring needs. Our team of experienced recruiters specializes in filling roles across Information Technology, Human Resources, Finance & Accounting as well as Learning and Development.