- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Executive Assistant II
Executive Vice President, COO
JVS Human Services + Kadima helps people meet life challenges affecting their self-sufficiency through counseling, training and support services in accordance with Jewish values of equal opportunity, compassion, responsibility and the steadfast belief that the best way to help people is to make it possible for them to help themselves.
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION
The Executive Assistant II establishes, organizes, maintains efficient and effective internal office management of the Executive Office.
Bachelor’s degree in Business preferred.
Demonstrated ability in establishing, organizing and maintaining efficient and effective office management. Ability to relate to a wide variety of people with diplomacy and in a manner that reflects favorably on the Agency and Executive Office. Seven years related experience in an executive level administrative position which required the exercise of independent judgment and a high degree of confidentiality. Typing skills of 60 wpm; excellent shorthand or some functional system of speedwriting proficiency. Advanced level of proficiency using word processing software (preferably MS Office) and intermediate level of proficiency using database software. Sufficient composition skills to prepare required correspondence. Ability to handle tasks below with considerable independence.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
1. Organize and maintain the internal operations of the Executive office. Maintain good relationships with Agency staff, Board members and all other agencies supportive of the mission of the Agency. Maintain security and confidentiality of all records, documents and other matters of which there is official responsibility.
2. In conjunction with President/CEO, Executive Vice President/COO, and Executive Assistant, handles designated executive office business functions and ensure information is disseminated to appropriate staff and acted upon within required timeframes.
3. Initiate, compose, edit and type all correspondence and other documents as required; take minutes at designated meetings; prepare for approval and distribute.
4. In consultation with the President/CEO, Executive Vice President/COO, Chief Financial Officer, and Vice President of Human Resources, maintain appointment calendars, including scheduling meetings, conferences, and travel.
5. Organize, maintain and update files necessary for the administration of the Executive office.
6. Represent the Agency and Executive Staff to staff and the public in a professional and diplomatic manner.
7. Schedule administrative and other meetings and prepare necessary information for mailings. Reserve rooms and coordinate arrangements for food.
8. Assist the Executive Staff by providing independent follow-up, verification and fact-finding as necessary. Process subpoenas and information requests and ensure timely response.
9. Handle internal process for the approval of contracts and ensure receipt of fully-executed copy.
10. Maintain spreadsheet relating to tracking of grants and work with program Vice Presidents to insure timely submission of progress reports.
11. Serve on Agency committee(s) as appointed.
Board Related: In conjunction with Executive Assistant:
1. Record, transcribe, prepare, and retain minutes of all Board meetings.
2. Transcribe, prepare, and retain minutes of Board Committee meetings.
3. Prepare and distribute correspondence as assigned, relative to Board and committee activities. Distribution includes email and Board Portal maintenance.
4. Coordinate meeting dates with Committee chairpersons and appropriate administrative staff. Prepare and distribute notices of Board and Committee meetings in a timely manner, including appropriate attachments.
1. Work involves sitting for a minimum of 60% of work time.
2. Ability to stoop and bend to file records.
Employees primarily performing work that is subject to the overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act. Overtime pay is required.
The above job description is for informational purposes only and is not intended to be all-inclusive or limiting as to specific duties.
JVS Human Services + Kadima is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer that engages in affirmative action to employ minority, female, protected veteran status and people with disabilities. JVS is a community-supported, non‑profit vocational counseling, job placement and vocational rehabilitation agency operating under the auspices of the Jewish Federation of Metropolitan Detroit and United Way. Rehabilitation services are accredited by CARF. JVS is a Drug-free Workplace.
EEO Employer M/F/VET/DISABLED
JVS Human Services
BusinessView all jobs at JVS Human Services