Computer Lab Instructor
- Posted: over a month ago
Hermelin Ort Resource Center
Supervisor, Training and Community Outreach
JVS Human Services + Kadima helps people meet life challenges affecting their self-sufficiency through counseling, training and support services in accordance with Jewish values of equal opportunity, compassion, responsibility and the steadfast belief that the best way to help people is to make it possible for them to help themselves.
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION
The Computer Instructor teaches basic and intermediate computer skills to clients. Provides as needed technical support.
Bachelor's Degree in instructional technology, computer science, education, or related field preferred.
- Two to three years related computer training experience.
- Proficiency in Zoom and Microsoft Teams platforms.
- Webinar and class design experience.
- Expert level proficiency in Windows 10 platforms, Google Drive, Microsoft Office App and Office 365. Knowledge of the Mac operating system is helpful.
- Composition skills sufficient to prepare required documentation.
- Interpersonal skills sufficient to communicate with adult students with a wide skill range, knowledge and learning abilities, in a variety of environments, including in-person and remote.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
- Provide instruction that facilitates student’s educational, vocational and personal growth.
- Provide documentation of student’s progress and achievement levels and any other paperwork required for program.
- Recommend and/or provide appropriate adaptations and/or accommodations to facilitate student’s achievement of outcomes.
- Provide direction and/or assist as needed in planning, utilizing and managing training activities for students.
- Participate in the development and implementation of education/training programs.
- Collaborate with team to determine training needs of outside organizations and participate in the development and implementation of customized client training.
- Research, recommend and provide instructional materials that meet individual objectives.
- Provide customer service in a manner that results in expressed satisfaction with services and student learning is accomplished through tutoring and testing.
- Ensure safety protocols are followed.
- Provide computer tech support as needed for internal and external events/programs.
- Position involves the ability to work flexible hours, including occasional evenings and weekends.
- Work will occur virtually, and on site, and/or at training sites and will require the use of a personal vehicle.
- Work involves the ability to transport computer equipment and supplies with weights averaging 5 pounds.
Employees primarily performing work that is subject to the overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act. Overtime pay is required.
The above job description is for informational purposes only and is not intended to be all-inclusive or limiting as to specific duties.
JVS Human Services + Kadima is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer that engages in affirmative action to employ minority, female, protected veteran status and people with disabilities. JVS + Kadima is a community-supported, non‑profit vocational counseling, job placement and vocational rehabilitation agency operating under the auspices of the Jewish Federation of Metropolitan Detroit and United Way. Rehabilitation services are accredited by CARF. JVS + Kadima is a Drug-free Workplace.
EEO Employer M/F/VET/DISABLED
JVS Human Services
Sports and RecreationView all jobs at JVS Human Services